VIDEO: Shocking footage as student fight leads to 'full scale riot' at Yorkshire school
A Yorkshire school was put on lockdown yesterday after a fight escalated into a full scale riot. Police were called to Fir Vale School shortly before 1pm, following reports of an altercation between groups of pupils.
-> Warning to parents after man sexually assaults 13-year-old girl on way home from school
On arrival, officers were greeted with a chaotic scene, with hundreds of parents and residents filling the streets surrounding the school.
Some parents had reportedly taken weapons with them, and many tried to scale the school fences to gain access to the building.
Eyewitness, Nasser... read more
- 10:06 A look inside the centre treating the borough's cancer patients
- 10:05 Language used in police email on deployment of female officers...
- 10:05 Pub grub served up at Leicester pub in 1972 gives food for thought!
- 10:05 SIX changes for Hartlepool United boss Matthew Bates to consider...
- 10:05 Preston Grasshoppers must end dismal record at Leicester
- 10:05 Rugby man sentenced after assaulting police officer in town
- 10:02 How can you book a seat on Sir Patrick Stewart's Brexit protest coach?
- 10:02 Vandals wreck precious Stray bench
- 10:02 Police smash down door of house where woman let 20-strong gang of...
- 10:01 Top scare attractions in Lancashire 2018
- 10:01 Driver attacked traffic warden
- 10:01 Wakefield woman missing from hospital has been found
- 10:01 Hospitals struggling to cope with prostate cancer referrals
- 10:01 Missing Wakefield woman Angela Senior has been found
- 10:00 Baby octopus found off coast of Hartlepool
- 10:00 Ian Murray: Edinburgh’s world-leading cancer research is at risk
- 09:59 How can you book a seat on Sir Patrick Stewart's Brexit protest coach?
- 09:58 High Peak business helps to raise awareness of baby loss
- 09:58 Co-op worker stabbed at Manchester store with 'blood everywhere'
- 09:56 Patients affected by changes at Scarborough GP practice
- 09:56 Doncaster girl missing from home for five days
- 09:56 Treasured Wetherby store to close ending four generations
- 09:56 Afghanistan delays Kandahar vote after Gen Raziq killed
- 09:55 Hospitals struggling to cope with prostate cancer referrals
- 09:54 Latest crime figures show hundreds more offences across Harborough...
- 09:54 Wakefield woman missing from hospital has been found
- 09:54 Hospitals struggling to cope with prostate cancer referrals
- 09:54 Government borrowing in September lowest since 2007
- 09:54 Support for new Sheffield football stadium plans
- 09:54 Doncaster girl missing from home for five days