Veteran Blackpool favourite Ken Dodd to be honoured with BBC show
The life and career of veteran Blackpool-favourite Sir Ken Dodd will be celebrated in a BBC documentary.
Titled Ken Dodd: How Tickled We Were, the programme will explore the work of a performer described as “one of the last music hall greats” when he died aged 90 in March.
Featuring interviews with Sir Ken’s family and figures from the world of entertainment, the “poignant and uplifting programme” is set to be broadcast later this year.
Sir Ken’s wife, Lady Anne, who he wed two days before he died, said: “When Ken passed away in the spring, I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of affection... read more
- 00:59 Man rushed to hospital after late night shooting in Wavertree
- 00:55 Women Sport Australia calls for more respect for female stars
- 00:54 Man 'beaten to death' in south-west London
- 00:50 £50,000 reward to help catch killer of mutilated prostitute
- 00:48 Cannabis in Canada: How it went down on Legalisation Day
- 00:42 Food allergies: What a severe reaction feels like
- 00:39 Cypriot budget airline Cobalt has suspended operations
- 00:38 Cobalt airline warns passengers that all flights are cancelled
- 00:35 Wembley sale OFF: Shahid Khan reveals why he pulled the plug on...
- 00:35 Man Utd news: Juan Mata speaks out on tough run of games and facing...
- 00:31 HISTORY BEHIND ‘CHEAP AND CHEERFUL’ PUBS
- 00:31 Gregor Townsend surprises with Sam Skinner but sticks with the plan
- 00:30 Two-thirds of rural Scots back onshore wind farms, says Survation poll
- 00:25 COURT ROUND-UP: Latest convictions from Doncaster, Sheffield and...
- 00:25 Highway Code to promote 'Dutch reach' to protect cyclists
- 00:23 John Lewis trials £10,000 experience to lure in shoppers
- 00:23 Firms defy pressure over Saudi conference
- 00:18 Would you splash out on a new phone to get VR on the go?
- 00:17 Man City injury news: Kevin de Bruyne set for Premier League START...
- 00:17 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho handed big Juventus boost with Paolo...
- 00:11 Central African Republic: 'Why a grenade couldn't stop our music'
- 00:11 Venezuelans escape to Spain and ask to return old favour
- 00:10 When's a van a van and when's it a car?
- 00:00 Gerard Pique speaks out on Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael...
- 23:53 Reiss Nelson reveals Jadon Sancho convinced him to join Hoffenheim...
- 23:52 Man falls from top floor of Westfield Stratford on to another shopper
- 23:44 Jayme Closs: Hunt for 13-year-old after parents murdered
- 23:44 US shies away from calling China a currency manipulator
- 23:38 White woman calls police on black father cheering on his son...
- 23:31 Fugitive who said cops will find Madeleine McCann before him plans...