'Very good progress' on Brexit, May says at Brussels summit
Theresa May has said “very good progress” has been made on Brexit since the ill-tempered Salzburg summit last month, as she arrived in Brussels for talks with EU leaders and urged both sides to work “intensively” in the coming days.
The prime minister shrugged off the setbacks of last weekend and gave a defiantly upbeat assessment of the outlook for a deal after a brief meeting with the EU commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker.
“I believe a deal is achievable and now is the time to make it happen,” she said. “What we’ve seen is that we’ve solved most of those issues in the withdrawal... read more
- 00:58 Thousands of doctors under scrutiny after fake qualifications case
- 00:58 'Out! Out!': protests grow in Tijuana against migrant caravan
- 00:57 UK ministers ‘aren’t interested in Scotland’
- 00:55 Yemen war: Houthis 'halting drone and missile strikes'
- 00:47 Sudoku 4,221 easy
- 00:45 Tay Road Bridge closed as police deal with 'ongoing incident' in...
- 00:43 Trio to learn fate as Cricket Australia weighs up ball tampering bans
- 00:42 Thousands of UK workers denied toilet access, says Unite
- 00:42 UK house prices fall by £5,000 on average, with south sliding fastest
- 00:42 Black Friday will shift sales online and cut pre-Christmas footfall
- 00:41 Aboriginal groups beg NSW to back down on adoption changes
- 00:40 Night at the movies for animal charity
- 00:28 Letter from Africa: Sudan's fashion police shave off afros
- 00:28 BBC 100 Women 2018: Who is on the list?
- 00:28 'I broke 22 bones and lost a year's memory'
- 00:28 Karachi Press Club: Shock as police raid ‘island of freedom’
- 00:27 Holly Willoughby makes I'm A Celebrity debut - and is full of jokes
- 00:22 Jo Johnson backs bid to force Treasury to reveal no-Brexit forecasts
- 00:11 CBI president to endorse Theresa May's draft Brexit deal
- 00:00 Democrats take Orange County district to cap midterm rout of...
- 23:58 England lose to West Indies to set up India semi-final in Women’s...
- 23:48 Person was trapped in car after crash at Gaydon
- 23:36 Who is I'm A Celebrity's Fleur East? The X-Factor runner up
- 23:36 Who is I'm A Celebrity's James McVey? The Vamps star
- 23:36 Cheryl blasted over 'awful' comeback performance on the X Factor
- 23:36 Who is I'm A Celebrity's Malique Thompson-Dwyer? Hollyoaks star
- 23:34 I'm A Celebrity 2018 fans all have the same criticism of new series
- 23:34 Harry Redknapp's hilarious I'm A Celebrity meltdown - over lack of...
- 23:28 Person was trapped in car after crash at Gaydon
- 23:20 Win against Wasps was 'a lot of fun' for Saints star Naiyaravoro