Use stamp duty axe to cut mortgage: Buyers using money they earmarked for tax to put down a bigger deposit
First-time buyers are cashing in on stamp duty cuts by slashing hundreds of pounds off their mortgage bills.
Mortgage brokers say they have received a flood of calls since the Chancellor axed the duty for first-time buyers on homes worth up to £300,000 in last week’s Budget.
Those purchasing homes worth up to £500,000 will pay the tax on only the first £300,000.
Many are choosing to use the money they had earmarked to pay this tax bill to put down a bigger deposit on their new home.
By doing this, some can save more than £1,300 a year by getting a better mortgage rate.
RELATED ARTICLES... read more
- 12:39 Brexit Blog: Top Tips For Businesses
- 12:39 Service to celebrate the life of former Stratford mayor Keith Lloyd
- 12:38 Arsenal team news: Expected Gunners side for Everton clash, Emery...
- 12:38 Chelsea news: Pedro delivers major injury update after limping out...
- 12:38 AONB to mark 60 years with a concert
- 12:38 Fantasy Football Tips: The three Manchester City stars you MUST...
- 12:38 The full list of Sunderland pubs in the 2019 Camra Good Beer Guide
- 12:38 Anthony Joshua would NOT last in bare-knuckle boxing – expert
- 12:38 Audela praised by the Good Food Guide
- 12:37 Brexit Blog: Top Tips For Businesses
- 12:37 Church of England pulls out of Wonga rescue effort
- 12:37 MICHAEL BROOK INQUEST: Sorrow as hearing adjourned
- 12:35 Hunt for ‘Croydon cat killer’ continues as animal lovers deny foxes...
- 12:34 Man who set up Skegness drugs delivery service facing years in jail
- 12:34 Harrogate hotels are already getting 'booked out' for the UCI Road...
- 12:34 Emily’s links to Longhorsley in book
- 12:34 Brexit Blog: Top Tips For Businesses
- 12:33 Victim of vandal was pregnant, court told
- 12:33 'Sent packing': European press scathing on Theresa May's Salzburg...
- 12:32 Brexit Blog: Top Tips For Businesses
- 12:32 New weather warning for Hull as Met Office predicts more strong...
- 12:32 Harrogate hotels are already getting 'booked out' for the UCI Road...
- 12:32 Hull bin collection days will change as huge overhaul of services...
- 12:32 Sunderland pub toasts 25 years in Camra Good Beer Guide
- 12:32 The FIVE incredible Sheffield restaurants to make it into this...
- 12:32 Three-mile tailbacks after crash on A14 in Northamptonshire
- 12:31 Brexit Blog: Top Tips For Businesses
- 12:31 Three-mile tailbacks after crash on A14 in Northamptonshire
- 12:30 Town 'not immune' to child exploitation - warning to Solihull
- 12:30 Brexit Blog: Top Tips For Businesses