US jobs growth slows in November
US jobs growth was weaker than expected last month, a slowdown that analysts blamed partly on a tight labour market.
Employers added 155,000 jobs, with health care, manufacturing and transportation firms driving the growth, the Labor Department said.
The gains kept the unemployment rate unchanged at 3.7%, near record lows, according to the report.
The average hourly pay for private sector workers increased at an annual rate of 3.1%.
November's gains marked a slowdown from the roughly 200,000 jobs the US economy has added on average each month over the last year.
The Labor Department also... read more
- 04:16 The cool gaze of a mum who tried to cover up a murder - then went...
- 03:50 Here are the planned roadworks in Yorkshire from December 17
- 03:42 The worst place to find a parking space in Scotland is...the...
- 03:31 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 03:18 Brexit: Amber Rudd urges MPs to 'forge a consensus'
- 03:03 Tom Richmond: Theresa May has been saved – but can she save the...
- 02:36 Australia recognises West Jerusalem as Israeli capital
- 02:30 Street lights won't be dimmed in crime hotspots in Birmingham
- 02:23 US federal judge rules Obama healthcare law unconstitutional
- 02:19 The drug gang brother and sister on the run after walking out of court
- 02:17 Conor McGregor attempts 540-degree spin kick – fans stunned as UFC...
- 02:14 Nissan Brexit letter ‘still too confidential to release’
- 01:47 Universal credit claimants fear spending Christmas without money
- 01:43 Yemen war: Can ceasefire deal finally bring peace?
- 01:42 Miss USA apologizes for mocking rivals' English-speaking skills
- 01:34 Strictly Come Dancing finalists discuss their ups, downs and future...
- 01:34 Do autistic people 'get' jokes?
- 01:28 Jo Miller: The price local councils like mine are paying on the...
- 01:28 Justine Greening: Time for honesty – I backed Theresa May in...
- 01:00 DR Congo elections: Why do voters mistrust electronic voting?
- 00:59 Make it a time for giving to Scottish charities this Christmas
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Finals weekend as BBC viewers cast their...
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Schools are the first line of policing
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Now Theresa May is back to square one on...
- 00:49 David Behrens: Seeds of Tories’ self-destruction were planted by...
- 00:49 Poor transport and bad traffic stymies region, admits Government...
- 00:44 Killer sudoku 636
- 00:44 Sudoku 4,244 hard
- 00:37 UN urged to seek Australia-based Hakeem al-Araibi's freedom from...
- 00:37 'Extinction is not an option': the $1bn push to save orcas in...