US embassy pulls more China staff over mystery illness
The US has removed several more officials from China over fears they have contracted the same mysterious illness that affected staff in Cuba.
The employees, who were working in the southern city of Guangzhou, had reported hearing odd noises.
Last year, 24 US staff working at the Cuba embassy suffered brain injuries after reporting "auditory sensations".
The incidents have raised concerns that a government or agency may be targeting the US with a new type of sonic weapon.
The cases come at a time when China-US relations have been strained amid fears of a trade war.
Earlier this... read more
- 14:36 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:36 US football fan follows Latics idol to the World Cup
- 14:35 Dundee striker Matty Henvey signs new deal with the club
- 14:34 XXXTentacion: Memorial announced amid new murder details
- 14:34 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:33 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:33 PICTURES: Blaze at former Bircotes school
- 14:33 VIDEO: Opening date revealed for new Doncaster town centre...
- 14:32 Anger over alleged bus fare increases across Sheffield
- 14:32 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:31 Coventry's first knife bin to be unveiled today
- 14:30 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:30 Adorable Oystercatcher chick rescued from 6ft deep Yorkshire drain
- 14:30 Open garden event at stunning Ribble Valley home
- 14:29 Expect the unexpected!: Pendle road safety group's awareness event...
- 14:29 The Real Schools Guide: Search for your secondary school
- 14:29 Concern for man who has gone missing while visiting Leicester
- 14:29 Can you get out of the car if you're stuck in a motorway jam? The...
- 14:29 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:28 Wave of support for conservation
- 14:28 Man to face trial over Roker Avenue rape allegation
- 14:28 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:27 Leeds mum accused of allowing son to ‘rot to death’ tells jury: ‘I...
- 14:27 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:27 Ice cream doesn’t actually cool you down (so here’s what to do in...
- 14:27 Donald Trump blasts restaurant that booted out his press secretary
- 14:26 Mud and rain are part of festival season – sexual harassment and...
- 14:26 Soap stars scouted out to be skills ambassadors
- 14:26 Harley-Davidson to shift some production out of US over EU tariffs
- 14:26 Oil firm headed by Tory donor refused to pay £14m consultancy bill