Uncontrollable pain and muscle weakness are symptoms of THIS incurable hereditary disease
The condition, called Charcot-Marie-Tooth, is a progressive disease - meaning it gets worse over time - and describes a set of condition which affect the peripheral nerves which control muscles and sensory information.
It can cause painful symptoms such as muscle weakness in the feet, ankles, legs and hands, arched or very flat feet or numbness in the arms, hands and feet.
It can also cause uncontrollable pain, chronic fatigue, unstable ankles, balance problems and falls.
But it is also hereditary.
Alison Leach, 37, from Bolton said she was concerned if she had a child that their condition... read more
- 16:29 Deputy director from KGH up for national women’s award
- 16:29 Teacher's touching gesture to help all girls go to prom
- 16:28 Six people arrested after fight in Mansfield town centre
- 16:28 Woman struck by traffic light in Southam
- 16:27 Man runs into Market Harborough supermarket with knife wound to his...
- 16:27 Dormer House School performs A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 16:27 Trump repeats call to deprive undocumented migrants of due process
- 16:23 Stars on song at Northumberland Live
- 16:23 Smoking, chip pans and candles: Fires in your home could be prevented
- 16:23 London is the most desirable city for overseas workers in the world...
- 16:22 FYI chub rub doesn’t only happen to fat people
- 16:21 Pilot mental health care scheme trialled to relieve pressures on...
- 16:21 Walk, run or jog - see the amazing women who joined Doncaster’s...
- 16:20 Pilot mental health care scheme trialled to relieve pressures on...
- 16:20 The former Coventry City favourite fans are desperate to see...
- 16:20 Walney rugby music festival 'brings community together'
- 16:20 Police report 'no issues' at problem house after closure order...
- 16:19 Church children Lent their help to local NHS
- 16:18 Walk, run or jog - see the amazing women who joined Doncaster’s...
- 16:18 Confirmed: Birmingham City sign Danish defender Kristian Pedersen
- 16:18 West Brom star ready to hand in transfer request in bid to force...
- 16:18 Love Island Jack's secret sex history that landed him in trouble at...
- 16:17 Woman struck by traffic light in Southam
- 16:16 Three quarters of Brits can't identify East Midlands landmarks
- 16:16 PICTURES: Car destroyed in M1 crash
- 16:14 Police cordon off area outside Wilko in Ellesmere Port following...
- 16:14 Clarks boss resigns following investigation
- 16:13 Pilot mental health care scheme trialled to relieve pressures on...
- 16:13 Hull tenants to be hit with rising rent costs
- 16:12 PICTURES: Car destroyed in M1 crash - the occupants walk away with...