Ukip's Paul Nuttall resigns over Tommy Robinson appointment
Ukip has lost its second former leader in three days over the party’s decision to appoint the far-right Islamophobic campaigner Tommy Robinson as an adviser.
Paul Nuttall, who led the party during the 2017 election, said Ukip’s new links to Robinson were a catastrophic error that would tarnish Brexit.
On Tuesday, Nigel Farage also quit the party saying it had a “fixation” with the anti-Muslim policies of its leader, Gerard Batten.
In a statement, Nuttall, the MEP for North West England, said: “I am resigning because the party is being taken in a direction which I believe is harmful to... read more
- 03:50 Here are the planned roadworks in Yorkshire from December 17
- 03:42 The worst place to find a parking space in Scotland is...the...
- 03:31 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 03:18 Brexit: Amber Rudd urges MPs to 'forge a consensus'
- 03:03 Tom Richmond: Theresa May has been saved – but can she save the...
- 02:36 Australia recognises West Jerusalem as Israeli capital
- 02:30 Street lights won't be dimmed in crime hotspots in Birmingham
- 02:23 US federal judge rules Obama healthcare law unconstitutional
- 02:19 The drug gang brother and sister on the run after walking out of court
- 02:17 Conor McGregor attempts 540-degree spin kick – fans stunned as UFC...
- 02:14 Nissan Brexit letter ‘still too confidential to release’
- 01:47 Universal credit claimants fear spending Christmas without money
- 01:43 Yemen war: Can ceasefire deal finally bring peace?
- 01:42 Miss USA apologizes for mocking rivals' English-speaking skills
- 01:34 Strictly Come Dancing finalists discuss their ups, downs and future...
- 01:34 Do autistic people 'get' jokes?
- 01:28 Jo Miller: The price local councils like mine are paying on the...
- 01:28 Justine Greening: Time for honesty – I backed Theresa May in...
- 01:00 DR Congo elections: Why do voters mistrust electronic voting?
- 00:59 Make it a time for giving to Scottish charities this Christmas
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Finals weekend as BBC viewers cast their...
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Schools are the first line of policing
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Now Theresa May is back to square one on...
- 00:49 David Behrens: Seeds of Tories’ self-destruction were planted by...
- 00:49 Poor transport and bad traffic stymies region, admits Government...
- 00:44 Killer sudoku 636
- 00:44 Sudoku 4,244 hard
- 00:37 UN urged to seek Australia-based Hakeem al-Araibi's freedom from...
- 00:37 'Extinction is not an option': the $1bn push to save orcas in...
- 00:29 Newcastle man charged with planning act of terror