UK to unveil details of plans for EU citizens who wish to remain
The UK government will this week unveil the first details of the “settled status” immigration scheme that will apply to Britain’s 3.4 million EU citizens if they want to stay in the country after Brexit.
It is planning to publish a “statement of intent” on Thursday, which will be the first sight of the registration system which the former home secretary Amber Rudd has previously said would be “as easy as setting up an online account at LK Bennett”.
“After two years and five months before they are supposed to launch the registration process, it is good that we are finally going to find out... read more
- 08:07 Australian prisoner gave birth alone in 'degrading' cell incident
- 08:07 Brexit undermining commercial property market’s recovery in...
- 08:07 Warwick burglar jailed after stealing antique jewellery from...
- 08:06 Theresa May faces leadership challenge from Conservative MPs
- 08:04 Water supply problem leaves some Fylde residents with no water
- 08:03 CONFIRMED: Vote of no confidence in Prime Minister Theresa May has...
- 08:02 Community groups receive grants from East Lindsey councillors
- 08:00 Duffers’ Derby County Diaries: More at stake than just local pride...
- 08:00 Theresa May faces leadership contest TONIGHT as MPs trigger no...
- 07:59 Sheffield news LIVE: News, traffic and travel updates
- 07:58 Winter weather preparations
- 07:57 Prime Minister Theresa May to face vote of no confidence
- 07:56 Anthony Lester quits House of Lords, citing health toll of sexual...
- 07:56 Brexit in chaos as Tory MPs trigger vote of no confidence in May
- 07:56 Dries Mertens hints he wants Maurizio Sarri reunion at Chelsea
- 07:56 Missing Garstang man believed to be in Lancaster
- 07:54 Mo Salah 'unhappy' at Liverpool; Manchester United eye Brazilian;...
- 07:52 Theresa May to face leadership challenge
- 07:50 Undercover police in bid to catch pickpockets in Sheffield city centre
- 07:50 Facebook HQ evacuated following bomb scare
- 07:49 Dixons Carphone posts £440m loss in first half
- 07:47 Manchester United set to up efforts to sign Middlesbrough youngster
- 07:47 Wedding Cake Rock: new fence will stop visitors climbing 'unsafe'...
- 07:46 Theresa May to face no confidence vote as Tory leadership contest...
- 07:45 This is what will fill giant hole in Coventry's skyline
- 07:44 Superdry warns worse to come as profits plunge
- 07:44 Plea to ‘throw the book’ at yobs who target firefighters after...
- 07:43 Preparing for the worse as winter brings threat of Calderdale floods
- 07:42 Strasbourg shooting: France hunts gunman as alert level raised
- 07:41 Revealed: Google's 'two-tier' workforce training document