UK drone users face safety tests and flight restrictions
UK drone users may have to pass online safety tests under legislation being introduced to the Commons on Wednesday.
The government also wants to prevent drones from flying above 400ft or within 1km of airport boundaries.
The changes, which are set to come into effect between 30 July and 30 November, follow a rise in the number of drone near-misses with aircrafts.
Aviation Minister Baroness Sugg said the measures were needed to "protect" aircraft and their passengers.
In addition to the safety tests, people who own drones weighing 250g or more will have to register with the Civil... read more
- 10:22 A-level joy for Heckmondwike Grammar School students
- 10:21 A-LEVELS: Impressive results at Louth Academy and Cordeaux
- 10:21 Outstanding results add up to an exciting future for CRGS pupils
- 10:20 Happy 130th birthday to Burnley and Pendle NSPCC branch!
- 10:20 15-year-old boy from Bradford charged with terrorism offences
- 10:20 Police want to trace these two men in connection with alleged theft...
- 10:20 Developer calls for council to release report and repeats legal...
- 10:20 Council praise for county’s sixth formers
- 10:19 Food and drink Voices: How can we future-proof food & drink in...
- 10:19 Scotch meat still top of the class
- 10:19 Can Blumhouse's political pod repeat Get Out's success? – podcasts...
- 10:19 Former Arsenal star Alan Smith explains why Mesut Ozil is Unai...
- 10:18 A-level joy for Heckmondwike Grammar School students
- 10:18 Developer calls for council to release report and repeats legal...
- 10:18 Council praise for county’s sixth formers
- 10:17 My life in sex: the 31-year-old who has never been kissed
- 10:17 Homes across Warwick district to get health check
- 10:17 Outstanding results add up to an exciting future for CRGS pupils
- 10:16 Lee Miller’s Nude Bent Forward: phallic curves from a pioneering...
- 10:16 Burnby Hall waterlilies talk
- 10:16 Diana Athill on VS Naipaul: ‘I worked very hard at keeping...
- 10:16 Artist's Aboriginal portraits back in Tasmania after 170 years
- 10:16 15-year-old boy from Bradford charged with terrorism offences
- 10:15 Stables Lane recreation area open for play
- 10:14 Understanding performance practice
- 10:14 Two children taken to Manchester Children’s Hospital after crash in...
- 10:14 Happy 130th birthday to Burnley and Pendle NSPCC branch!
- 10:13 GPs urge East Lancashire patients to use online appointment-booking...
- 10:13 Shocking moment East Coast Main Line workers run for lives as...
- 10:13 Joanna Dennehy 'believed to have attempted suicide in prison’