UBS 'rogue trader' in last-ditch attempt to avoid deportation
Kweku Adoboli, the former UBS banker jailed for the UK’s biggest ever fraud, will on Monday file for a judicial review of the decision to deport him to Ghana, in a last-ditch attempt to stop his “banishment” from the UK, where he has lived since he was 12.
Adoboli, 38, who was found guilty in 2012 of fraud that lost his Swiss bank $2.3bn (£1.8bn), is being deported to Ghana because he is not a British citizen, despite having lived in the UK for 26 years.
Adoboli, who is being held in an immigration removal centre near Heathrow airport, is expected to be placed on a flight to Accra, the... read more
- 14:05 How to organise your own micrograp adventure
- 14:05 Brexit: Doncaster mining village residents want People’s Vote,...
- 14:01 Vote for your favourite beach in the Bridlington area
- 14:00 Man assaulted in Alfreton by knife wielding men - and one was...
- 13:59 Pupils helped design school’s new playground which has been...
- 13:58 Tesco reveals discount store Jack's to take on Aldi and Lidl
- 13:58 WWE Smackdown: Results, winners, grades
- 13:58 Domino’s worker battered by customer for giving him wrong pizza
- 13:58 Burnley chef Natalie opens 'dream' sandwich shop
- 13:58 East Lancashire first in UK to introduce CT scan technology
- 13:57 Children heard in car on secret audio recording as alleged drug...
- 13:57 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp CAN'T pick Naby Keita over...
- 13:57 Fantasy Football Tips: Premier League fixture difficulty rated...
- 13:57 Liverpool news: Sadio Mane reveals text he sent Roberto Firmino...
- 13:57 Man charged after armed police swoop in Dundee Lane, Ramsbottom
- 13:56 Storm Ali: A timeline of how it will hit South Shields
- 13:56 Howling winds as Storm Ali batters popular beauty spot
- 13:55 Weather warning for severe winds issued for Rugby by the Met Office
- 13:55 Cathay Pacific spells its name wrong on side of plane
- 13:55 Russian-born woman claims she was target in Salisbury scare
- 13:55 Is it acceptable to laugh at Donald Trump’s mushroom?
- 13:55 Man wanted over assault of women on train to Sheffield
- 13:55 Storm Ali: Tree brought down on Sheffield street by galeforce winds
- 13:53 Five lucky neighbours living in this street have won the lottery
- 13:53 Brian lands Commonwealth gold
- 13:53 Housing associations praise May's £2bn plan as 'total step change'
- 13:53 Great Dalby farmers start selling milk from vending machine close...
- 13:52 Scuba diver films himself surrounded by plastic at one of World’s...
- 13:51 Man charged in connection with disturbance in Dundee Lane, Ramsbottom
- 13:51 Man wanted over assault of women on train to Sheffield