Two-thirds of rural Scots back onshore wind farms, says Survation poll
Wind farm developments should be accelerated with the help of state subsidies after a poll revealed two-thirds of rural Scots support them, campaigners say.
A Green MSP in Fife has called on the UK Government to re-introduce the cash support on the back of the survey, so more energy projects can go ahead.
The Survation study for Scottish Renewables found 66% of rural Scots support the use of onshore wind energy, while 11% are opposed to new farms.
WWF Scotland said the poll is “another nail in the coffin for the myth that renewables are unpopular”.
But Bill Bowman, the Scottish Conservative... read more
- 09:37 Chinese erotic novelist jailed for 10 years for gay sex scenes
- 09:36 Seven top tips to help you save money this Christmas
- 09:34 Liam Kennedy's Hartlepool United analysis: When does a blip become...
- 09:34 Wigan man who sexually assaulted schoolgirl, 6, jailed for four years
- 09:34 A special service will be held in Blackpool for parents who have...
- 09:33 Chilling app that lets children call Santa tells them ‘I will...
- 09:33 YouTube is making movies available for free in the US
- 09:31 'Transfer window can't come soon enough' - Wolves fans in meltdown
- 09:32 Derbyshire dad’s fury at hospital ‘too busy’ to treat toddler with...
- 09:31 Here’s how much ex-Birmingham City boss Harry Redknapp is earning...
- 09:31 Who can England play in UEFA Nations League semi-final and final?
- 09:30 Gareth Southgate explains substitutions in England’s victory...
- 09:30 NHS encourages men to take care of their health
- 09:30 The most likely car models to be carjacked in West Midlands revealed
- 09:28 Christmas festivities in Scarborough start with Santa arriving at...
- 09:27 The brilliant Saints just turned the Eagles' Super Bowl hangover...
- 09:26 Seven top tips to help you save money this Christmas
- 09:26 Brexit: UK open to option of extending transition for another two...
- 09:26 Boris Johnson's unused water cannon sold for scrap at £300,000 loss
- 09:24 Time to end SNP council tax freeze - Scotsman Leader
- 09:23 Friends' heartbreaking appeal for help after Hull man, 26,...
- 09:23 Delays on A19 southbound as carriageway blocked following crash
- 09:23 Is life on the coast better than in a city? 7 writers from across...
- 09:23 Stuart Townend addresses the need for courage in faith
- 09:23 Israel's Netanyahu survives early poll threat
- 09:22 Derbyshire Charity needs your support to help people fighting...
- 09:21 Modern Etiquette: I think my mate has a drinking problem
- 09:20 Alopecia patients call for NHS to fund real hair wigs
- 09:19 Delays on A19 southbound as carriageway blocked following crash
- 09:18 Transfer News LIVE updates: Man Utd contact Chelsea star Kante,...