Two men guilty of trafficking girls from Welsh care home
Two men have been found guilty of trafficking vulnerable girls around the UK and then raping them. The pair, John James Purcell, 31, and John Delaney, 33, took two underage girls from a care home near Wrexham, north Wales, and had sex with them, the trial at Mold crown court found.
Purcell, who is from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, was found guilty of four sex trafficking offences and two rapes.
Delaney, from Wrexham, was convicted of three sex trafficking offences, two rapes and one sexual assault. Both men are white and from the travelling community.
Nazir Azfal, former chief crown prosecutor... read more
- 02:47 Bollard cover knitter determined to keep knitting despite vandals
- 02:41 Sheffield bomber crash: Fly-past due on 75th anniversary
- 02:21 Michael Owen’s Premier League predictions including Man Utd v...
- 02:17 Cyclone Oma eases but Queensland and NSW weather warnings remain
- 02:14 Festival with real WOW factor
- 02:06 What would happen to European travel plans after a no-deal Brexit?
- 02:03 Dave Hanna, former Queensland union boss, found guilty of rape
- 01:59 #MeToo Oscars: Why aren't there more female directors?
- 01:53 The students recycling clothes for London Fashion Week
- 01:47 North Korea appeals for food aid as regime cuts rations due to...
- 01:45 The murderer who's opening a youth centre
- 01:45 Quiz of the Week: Who popped the question?
- 01:45 Daryl Gurney hails ‘real class act’ Michael Smith for Premier...
- 01:27 Government faces High Court action over children's rights
- 01:17 Fears for Uighur comedian missing amid crackdown on cultural figures
- 01:17 Japan’s Hayabusa 2 successfully touches down on Ryugu asteroid
- 01:14 PTSD affects 'one in 13 by age of 18'
- 01:14 Brexit: Theresa May warned dozens of Tories could rebel over no-deal
- 01:04 James Gargasoulas jailed for life over Bourke Street massacre
- 01:02 Sudoku 4,302 hard
- 01:02 Melbourne car rampage: James Gargasoulas jailed for six murders
- 00:57 Anthem video game set for tough debut
- 00:49 Bill Carmichael: Why the odds are stil stacked against the...
- 00:48 Okinawa referendum: everything you need to know
- 00:44 Rory McIlroy sets off with a bang to lead WGC-Mexico Championship
- 00:44 Natalie Bennett: Why Independents and their rebel alliance will...
- 00:42 'Historical Google Earth' project captures a changing Britain
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: A fitting flypast – Sheffield remembers...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: Answers please – main parties must respond...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: All change on climate policy as Humber’s...