Two injured in assault involving eight people near Lincoln moments after England World Cup game ends in defeat
Two men have been injured after an assault involving eight people at the conclusion of England‘s World Cup semi-final against Croatia.
The attack happened on the junction of Laburnham Drive/Newstead Avenue/Church Lane in Cherry Willingham at around 9.45pm – just moments after Gareth Southgate’s side were knocked out after extra time.
A man in his 20s and another in his 40s were injured in the incident on Wednesday, July 11.
Police believe a disturbance took place in a nearby pub before the incident, involving the same people.
The force has launched a public appeal for information and is... read more
- 01:06 Resilient travel agents fight back against Airbnb
- 00:59 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:59 Observer sudoku
- 00:57 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:57 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:54 How quinoa is changing farmers' lives in Peru
- 00:52 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:50 West Yorkshire Police makes £1.8m selling uninsured cars: Porsches,...
- 00:50 Vintage bikes theft anguish
- 00:50 Middlesex v Yorkshire: As it happened
- 00:48 Join the latest craze as zero-alcohol spirits are taking Britain's...
- 00:48 The A-word: Bonnie Estridge has Alzheimer's... but life goes on
- 00:43 Yemi Osinbajo: Why Nigeria's favourite leader won't become...
- 00:40 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:40 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:39 Obituary: Bui Tin, the reporter who changed his country's fate
- 00:36 Idris Elba: ‘My ambition is boundless’
- 00:30 'We are real': Saudi feminists launch online radio
- 00:27 Putin urges Europe to help rebuild Syria so refugees can return
- 00:27 Kofi Annan: tributes pour in for ‘an outstanding human being’
- 00:26 End of Greek bailouts offers little hope to young
- 00:20 The French connection: How Catalonia got its ballot papers
- 00:20 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard compares Maurizio Sarri and Antonio Conte...
- 00:20 Carl Frampton beats Luke Jackson after ninth round stoppage
- 00:14 Ode to joy: how to find happiness in balloons and rainbows
- 00:13 Scientists eavesdrop on disappearing sea trout
- 00:13 Pupils' great reaction to school science week
- 00:03 WATCH: Dave Seddon's verdict on Preston North End's 2-2 draw with...
- 00:03 Tyson Fury's clash with Deontay Wilder confirmed after victory over...
- 00:02 Lib Dem veteran Ming Campbell urges SNP to back EUref2