Two Britons make seven-strong Artes Mundi shortlist
Seven artists from around the world have been put on the shortlist for the seventh edition of one of the UK’s most important contemporary art prizes.
The Artes Mundi prize is given every two years in Cardiff and was won earlier this year by the influential American artist Theaster Gates. The prize, first awarded in 2002, rewards artists from any country whose work “engages with social reality and lived experience”.
The next £40,000 winner will be announced in January 2017, chosen from the seven-strong shortlist of John Akomfrah, Neïl Beloufa, Lamia Joreige, Nástio Mosquito, Hito Steyerl,... read more
- 03:15 Glove story for Lindsay
- 03:15 £15k David Goode elf statue stolen in Crickhowell
- 03:15 Children's colourful mural erases Ynysangharad racist graffiti
- 03:15 Scalford Hall wedding ruined 'when chefs walked out'
- 03:15 Crime at airports has doubled in two years
- 03:12 Laos dam collapse: work continues on huge projects despite promised...
- 03:07 Police investigating spate of arson attacks
- 03:05 How the internet saw the great Turnbull-Dutton Liberal spill (part 1)
- 02:56 Venezuela crisis: More migrants cross into Brazil despite attacks
- 02:44 Eltham hammer attack: Man charged with attempted murder
- 02:43 Man City news: Vincent Kompany fires title warning to rivals after...
- 02:43 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp asked about Man City after Palace...
- 02:37 Livingston family firm opens ‘game-changing’ recycling centre
- 02:37 Investment drives Motive expansion
- 02:33 Trump says interview with Mueller could be 'perjury trap'
- 02:33 Standoff in Italy as Salvini refuses to let in refugees after...
- 02:08 Northampton grandfather finally laid to rest five months after...
- 01:58 Overwhelming majority of Australians believe federal politicians...
- 01:40 Praise for hospice where we can be ‘just a family’
- 01:38 Jacinda Ardern freezes New Zealand MPs' pay to tackle rich-poor divide
- 01:38 Melania decries 'destructive' social media amid Trump Twitter attacks
- 01:16 Parramatta Eels deny new NRL salary cap cheating claims
- 01:13 Workers in open-plan offices 'more active'
- 01:09 Asthma sufferers warned before returning to school
- 01:06 Help for cancer care
- 01:02 Mother gives birth to baby boy in helicopter at 1,400ft
- 01:02 Irishman, 80, who emigrated in 1954 gets huge response to emotional...
- 00:57 Jeremy Hunt wants 'malign' Russia to face tougher sanctions
- 00:56 John Oldfield: Honour Kofi Annan’s memory in slavery fight
- 00:56 Nigel Adams: How we will make social housing the path to a better life