'Twisting pupil's ears' Nene Park Academy teacher struck off
A teacher who twisted one pupil's ears and "banged" the head of another against a partition wall has been struck off from the profession.
Ivan Reed worked at Nene Park Academy in Peterborough when he came up behind a Year 7 pupil to twist his ears, leaving him "trying hard not to cry".
Mr Reed also punched a pupil in the arm, shouted loudly into his ear and pushed his head against the partition.
A panel found the 58-year-old's actions "completely unacceptable".
The misconduct panel added that the incidents occurred after Mr Reed received "clear and... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle