TV chefs Levi Roots and Rustie Lee brand Jamie Oliver's jerk rice 'a mistake' amid 'cultural appropriation' claims
TV chefs Levi Roots and Rustie Lee have weighed in on the furore over Jamie Oliver's new 'punchy jerk rice', with Levi branding the product a 'mistake'.
Jamie came under fire over the weekend after Labour MP Dawn Butler, the shadow women and equalities minister, accused him of 'cultural appropriation'.
"I'm just wondering do you know what Jamaican jerk actually is? It's not just a word you put before stuff to sell products," she wrote, calling for Reggae Reggae sauce creator Levi to give him a 'masterclass'.
"Your jerk Rice is not ok," she continued. "This... read more
- 03:50 Mental health is Australians' most common ailment, GPs report
- 03:50 Denis Norden, TV presenter and comedy writer, dies aged 96
- 03:47 Man killed in north London street stabbing
- 03:23 Obituary: Denis Norden
- 03:21 TV host Denis Norden dies aged 96
- 03:05 Three taken to hospital after suspected chemical leak at Sydney hotel
- 02:53 Are wasps the bees knees? Scientists think they should be
- 02:53 How music saved a failing school
- 02:53 EU migration: How has it changed the UK?
- 02:53 'Killing a generation': one million more children at risk from...
- 02:47 Mercury Prize 2018: Nominees reveal the last thing they changed on...
- 02:35 California surgeon and 'girlfriend' charged with drug rapes
- 02:35 Google's prototype Chinese search engine links searches to phone...
- 02:06 'Ashamed': South Koreans chilled by Kim Jong-un's cuddles
- 02:00 PM to announce £2bn for social housing
- 01:59 Kavanaugh accuser wants an FBI investigation before she testifies
- 01:44 Wiltshire Police confirm no nerve agent exposure for Salisbury diners
- 01:29 'Sexist, unsafe' world experienced by young girls
- 01:27 Bernard Ingham: Toil and trouble as parties descend into a total mess
- 01:27 The Yorkshire Post says: HS2 and its tests. High-speed line of...
- 01:27 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job
- 01:27 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 01:25 Christine Blasey Ford: Kavanaugh accuser 'faces death threats'
- 01:22 Yoghurts (even organic ones) 'full of sugar'
- 01:18 “It’s too late to stop now.” Those were the words of the late...
- 01:13 People's Vote says 'multiple opportunities' for Brexit referendum
- 01:02 Sugar: Kinder rebuked for breaking kids' advertising rules
- 01:01 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 00:59 The Yorkshire Post says: Migrants – and why they count. Policy...
- 00:59 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job