Tui's 'misleading' summer holiday advert banned
A Tui TV ad offering a "perfect summer holiday" which could only be taken in September or October has been banned.
A travel period between September 1 and October 31 was "unlikely to align" with consumers' understanding of the term summer holiday, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) concluded.
Following a complaint to the ASA, Tui argued its summer holiday season ran from April to October.
In response to the ruling, the company said the ad had been altered.
The television ad for Tui holidays in June featured a voiceover stating: "It's not too late to discover... read more
- 03:11 Immigration White Paper: Post-Brexit migration plans unveiled
- 02:59 Chelsea to submit £70m offer to sign Isco from Real Madrid
- 02:52 William Tyrrell may still be alive and police pursuing 'active...
- 02:52 Genoa bridge disaster: Italian architect Renzo Piano chosen to...
- 02:45 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would be right man to replace Jose Mourinho at...
- 02:44 Amphibian that buries head in sand named after Donald Trump
- 02:36 Senate passes criminal justice reform bill in bipartisan victory
- 02:23 Grace Millane murder: New Zealand rebukes Google for emailing out...
- 02:14 Prosecutors investigate spinal implant
- 02:09 How Manchester United’s players reacted to Jose Mourinho...
- 02:09 Ed Woodward wants to sign Douglas Costa for Manchester United after...
- 02:03 Shane Flangan deregistered by NRL after breach of suspension
- 02:00 'Self-promoters' cheat the system at work
- 02:00 Universities told to end 'spiralling' grade inflation
- 01:52 Bank watchdog lifts restrictions on interest-only loans as house...
- 01:52 Sealed v Sealed: ruling sheds light on mystery case thought to...
- 01:52 UPDATE: Two seriously injured after crash in Hanging Heaton
- 01:50 Apple accused of ‘disguising’ iPhone XS and XS Max notch in adverts
- 01:38 Voice changes may show your date fancies you
- 01:32 Processed meats and ready meals 'still too high in salt'
- 01:22 ‘Too many white men’: analysis of Victoria's new parliament reveals...
- 01:22 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Man Utd return as interim boss CONFIRMED… by...
- 01:21 Natalie Bennett: New climate of opinion can save planet
- 01:21 GP Taylor: Sad decline of a festive tradition as last post called...
- 01:21 Bernard Ingham: A Christmas message to the Utterly Stupid Party...
- 01:14 British economy forecast to fall in GDP rankings
- 01:09 Mary Poppins Returns cast defend 'forgettable' songs
- 01:05 Private health insurance to rise after government approves premium...
- 01:04 The 'wary' #MeToo conversation in Australia
- 01:04 Softbank shares down on Tokyo market debut