Tui's 'misleading' summer holiday advert banned
A Tui TV ad offering a "perfect summer holiday" which could only be taken in September or October has been banned.
A travel period between September 1 and October 31 was "unlikely to align" with consumers' understanding of the term summer holiday, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) concluded.
Following a complaint to the ASA, Tui argued its summer holiday season ran from April to October.
In response to the ruling, the company said the ad had been altered.
The television ad for Tui holidays in June featured a voiceover stating: "It's not too late to discover... read more
- 20:28 Children ‘should be weighed from the age of two to avoid childhood...
- 20:28 Man City star Phil Foden compared to Real Madrid legend Zinedine...
- 20:25 Heartbroken family of man stabbed to death make desperate graveside...
- 20:25 Boy accused of murder says Eddie O'Rourke was a love rival 'always...
- 20:22 Appeal for missing Northumberland man with Alzheimer's
- 20:21 Appeal for missing Northumberland man with Alzheimer's
- 20:20 Finalists meet ahead of awards ceremony
- 20:17 Aston Villa legend reveals he is in remission after cancer scare
- 20:16 Labour considers backing 'common market 2.0' soft Brexit
- 20:15 Kyle Edmund out of Miami Open after climax marred by rogue crowd call
- 20:15 Cesc Fabregas reveals HILARIOUS Patrick Vieira story - Arsenal fans...
- 20:13 Ambulance called out to incident on The Moor in Sheffield
- 20:11 Finalists meet ahead of awards ceremony
- 20:09 Schoolboy and girl, 16, held at knifepoint in Bristol Road South...
- 20:09 Pride of Birmingham 2019 red carpet in pictures as Kym Marsh,...
- 20:08 Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane ready to offer TWO stars to PSG...
- 20:08 Morning mail: Brexit offer for May to quit, Facebook hacking,...
- 20:08 Austrian authorities raid far-right group over alleged links to...
- 20:08 West Ham face calls to condemn Democratic Football Lads Alliance
- 20:08 Eight degrees and windy in Durham: the cricket season is here
- 20:08 Ambulance called out to incident on The Moor in Sheffield
- 20:08 Alastair Cook makes it a knight’s tale with supreme century for Essex
- 20:05 Former Barclays trader guilty of Euribor rate-rigging
- 19:59 ‘Drugged driver told cops fake pee found in car was for sex...
- 19:57 Pret a Manger and Krispy Kreme owners discover disturbing Nazi past
- 19:57 Shoppers’ paradise: Harrogate leads the North in UK ranking of...
- 19:54 Finalists meet ahead of awards ceremony
- 19:53 ‘Shameful’ - Nearly half a million food parcels handed out in...
- 19:50 Five jailed over bid to smuggle £112m of cocaine into UK
- 19:50 Conor McGregor reportedly under investigation for sexual assault