Tui's 'misleading' summer holiday advert banned
A Tui TV ad offering a "perfect summer holiday" which could only be taken in September or October has been banned.
A travel period between September 1 and October 31 was "unlikely to align" with consumers' understanding of the term summer holiday, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) concluded.
Following a complaint to the ASA, Tui argued its summer holiday season ran from April to October.
In response to the ruling, the company said the ad had been altered.
The television ad for Tui holidays in June featured a voiceover stating: "It's not too late to discover... read more
- 13:45 Gales and heavy rain on way as two new weather warnings issued...
- 13:45 Weather warning for severe winds issued for Banbury by the Met Office
- 13:44 Free drams for Edinburgh's Hogmanay revellers under new sponsorship...
- 13:44 Police investigating reports of man performing lewd acts in Chesham...
- 13:44 Inmate ‘on the run’ is arrested by police
- 13:44 Tesco reveals discount store Jack's to take on Aldi and Lidl
- 13:44 Smart motorway ‘costing lives’ claims lorry driver
- 13:43 Matteo Salvini sues black MEP for defamation in racism row
- 13:43 Millionaire who live-streamed child sex abuse jailed for just...
- 13:42 Anglian Water reveals all about £653,000 sewer upgrade in Horncastle
- 13:39 Smart motorway ‘costing lives’ claims lorry driver
- 13:39 Major milestone reached to transform Halifax town centre
- 13:38 Storm Ali's high winds topple large tree closing road in Hurley
- 13:37 New lifeline offered to local ex-military in Wigan
- 13:37 Transgender teen to admit murdering parents who ‘refused to accept...
- 13:36 May's Brexit hopes rest on 10 minutes after dinner in Salzburg
- 13:36 Album reviews: Paul Weller | Jungle | Willie Nelson
- 13:36 Communities blooming with pride
- 13:35 Woman sexually assaulted in Fleetwood car park
- 13:33 Sadio Mane reveals the text message he sent Liverpool striker...
- 13:33 Chesterfield's economy enjoys £175million boost thanks to record...
- 13:32 The 10 things you should know about breast cancer right from the...
- 13:32 Storm Ali in Cumbria travel disruption: M6 at Carlisle closed after...
- 13:32 Storm Ali: Trees down, roads closed and 4,000 homes without power
- 13:30 Former Fylde councillor will spend three months on an electronic...
- 13:30 Body of man found in alleyway
- 13:30 Shoplifting menace banned from entering Sunderland shopping centres...
- 13:30 Woman grabbed and robbed in Corby
- 13:29 Art reviews: Mike Kelley | Santiago Sierra | Louise Hopkins
- 13:29 Book review: Rex Royd, by Frankie Boyle, Mike Dowling and Budi...