Trump would personally save billions from his tax cut plan
by Bob Lord
What’s the largest personal stake a US president has ever had in legislation he signed into law? Whatever it was, it’ll be dwarfed by what Donald Trump’s signature will be worth — to himself — if Congress passes his proposed tax plan and puts it on his desk.
If that happens, Trump will be effectively cutting himself a cheque from the US Treasury for several billion dollars.
Call me cynical, but it seems that’s exactly what Trump has in mind. His plan just fits his tax situation — or what we know of it, without access to his tax returns — too perfectly.
The president’s tax... read more
- 03:07 Comment: Build-to-rent sector needs to gain critical mass
- 03:07 Police appeal after sex attacks by bogus charity worker
- 01:45 Margaret Fulton's beef and vermicelli noodle salad recipe
- 01:44 Safety controls on food imports at risk from no-deal Brexit, says...
- 01:44 Top Tory officials will attend meeting about future of Andrew...
- 01:44 Theresa May to take her Brexit roadshow to the north-east
- 00:09 Daniel Andrews says family ‘deserve better’ than Dutton comments...
- 00:09 UK's plastic waste may be dumped overseas instead of recycled
- 00:09 Women's rights under threat after Brexit, warns EHCR report
- 00:09 CPS apologises to Girls Aloud star for not prosecuting stalker
- 00:08 Tour de France: Fraile wins stage 14 as Nibali team considers...
- 00:08 Hader given ovation by Brewers fans in first appearance since...
- 23:45 Rose Wylie: 'I want to be known for my paintings – not because I'm...
- 22:56 Sunday's best TV: Artist in Residence – The Sex Clinic; Poldark
- 22:56 NHS body ‘wastes millions on flawed financial advice’
- 22:56 Rise in women travelling from Northern Ireland to England for...
- 22:56 From the archive: contraceptive control, from sponges to superglue
- 22:56 Healthier snacks in hospitals encourage reduction in sugar intake
- 22:56 Eleanor Wild obituary
- 22:56 80% of teenage girls suffer serious mental illness after sexual...
- 22:56 Women half as likely to get proper heart attack treatment in Australia
- 22:56 Nigeria-UK relationship should focus more on trade, says minister
- 22:56 Morning mail: women's heart treatment, FBI documents, White Helmets...
- 22:56 Shinobu Hashimoto obituary
- 22:56 'It hits you very quickly': Canada brews first cannabis beer
- 22:56 Police name gunman charged with murder in Trader Joe's siege
- 22:56 11 South African taxi drivers shot dead in minibus ambush
- 22:56 British terrorist jailed aged 14 seeks lifetime anonymity on release
- 22:56 Los Angeles shooting: one dead after Trader Joe's hostage drama
- 22:56 Goiat the bear may be expelled from Pyrenees over horse killings