Trump tariffs: Mexico retaliates against US products
Mexico has announced new tariffs on US products in response to Donald Trump's decision to impose steep duties on imports of steel and aluminium.
The list includes whisky, cheese, steel, bourbon, and pork.
Analysts say the tariffs are designed to hit US Republican strongholds ahead of mid-term elections in November.
Mr Trump last week levied tariffs on steel and aluminium imports from Mexico, Canada and the European Union, riling key US allies.
Billionaire Koch brothers take on Trump May tells Trump US tariffs unjustified The move has also dismayed some domestic businesses, including pork... read more
- 15:26 How meme fashion is changing our clothes and breaking the internet
- 15:26 ‘Rescuing children almost tipped me over the edge’ Prince William...
- 15:26 Barack Obama thinks Donald Trump’s ‘mommy issues’ make him a...
- 15:24 Police appeal to identify man as part of purse theft investigation
- 15:24 When does the Thomas Cook Black Friday sale start and what can...
- 15:24 YouTube rapper ‘Tommy Armani’ jailed for brandishing ‘gun’ on the...
- 15:24 Project Feed Chorley: Can you help us build the town's new food bank?
- 15:22 Wyre sex abuse case coach jailed for 56 months
- 15:22 Festive focus at Rushden Lakes’ Nene Wetlands
- 15:20 Agatha Christie webchat with Sophie Hannah – post a question now
- 15:20 Addleshaw Goddard’s Leeds office advised on deals worth more than £2bn
- 15:19 Labour MP tells court she doesn't know who drove speeding Nissan
- 15:19 Strictly Get Dancing raises thousands for children’s hospice
- 15:19 Afghanistan suicide bomber kills scores of Muslim scholars
- 15:18 Wyre sex abuse case coach jailed for 56 months
- 15:18 Trains cancelled at Kenilworth Station
- 15:18 Samsung Black Friday deals 2018 are here now and they are really good
- 15:16 Wales’ Leigh Halfpenny ruled out of Springboks match due to concussion
- 15:16 ECB secures £1.2m to help build network of 2,000 female coaches and...
- 15:16 Lancashire business group's appeals to the Government
- 15:15 Sugar tax on soft drinks raises £154m
- 15:15 Plea to help businesses on retail hub facing HS2 bulldozers
- 15:15 Buses replace Wigan trains as engineers carry out rail work
- 15:15 This is the sentence judge handed to brothers who killed Taimoor...
- 15:14 Transport spending in Yorkshire FALLS by £18 per person while...
- 15:13 Brexit: Backlash over May's EU nationals 'queue jumping' vow
- 15:13 Pock School scoops mental health award
- 15:13 Senior accountant Chris Darlington on why he has left Mazars to...
- 15:12 Anthony Martial hands Man Utd boost in training – but there’s no...
- 15:12 Strictly Get Dancing raises thousands for children’s hospice