Trump tariffs: Europe braced for US tariffs on steel and aluminium
European leaders are braced for US tariffs on steel and aluminium to go into effect, as negotiations over the issue draw to a close.
The Trump administration is planning to let a temporary exemption granted to the European Union expire, The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reported.
It was due to expire 1 June, after an extension of the original deadline.
Officials from the US and EU have been meeting in Paris over the measures, which the US announced in March.
The WSJ said the administration's plans could still change. European leaders expect a final decision to be announced on Thursday.
European... read more
- 09:34 Multiple Wigan drivers caught in police speeding operation
- 09:33 Broken fencing at children’s play area in Bispham to be fixed “in...
- 09:32 Campaigners protest in Leeds against hike in rail fares
- 09:31 Stephanie Smith: Whatever happens with your A-level results, you...
- 09:31 'There’s still a bit to do' - Steve Bruce on Aston Villa loan...
- 09:31 'It's the job' - Every word from Garry Monk on off-field issues and...
- 09:30 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after stabbing
- 09:29 Cystic fibrosis boy, 8, urges firm to lower Orkambi drug price
- 09:29 Effects of psychedelic DMT 'similar to near-death experiences'
- 09:28 New Wigan fishing shop is angling for success
- 09:28 Liverpool star Fabinho speaks out on competition and debut chances...
- 09:28 Man Utd news: Juan Mata eyed by Valencia as he enters final year of...
- 09:28 Watersplash play at Trinity
- 09:27 'Tenants on our own land': New Zealand bans sale of homes to...
- 09:25 Dundee owner Tim Keyes confident new stadium will ease financial...
- 09:25 Dundee United rising star Declan Glass recalls Tony Andreu wonder goal
- 09:23 Campaigners protest in Leeds against hike in rail fares
- 09:21 Opening tonight: New Harrogate restaurant
- 09:21 Unai Emery dealt January transfer blow as Aaron Ramsey demands put...
- 09:20 Football transfer rumours: Real Madrid's Luka Modric to Inter?
- 09:20 Tiger Woods mania takes us back to simpler and more innocent times
- 09:20 Man exposes himself to two women in Banbury
- 09:19 Balfour Beatty on solid foundations
- 09:18 Pensioner arrested on suspicion of starting blaze in Sheffield...
- 09:17 Jose Mourinho provides Manchester United squad update for...
- 09:17 Restored Chesterfield bus will be part of couple’s special day
- 09:17 Honda updates HR-V for 2019
- 09:16 Why you shouldn’t get involved in the dandruff scraping trend
- 09:15 Ivan Lewis speaks out about his struggle with mental health
- 09:15 Here is what to do if you think your neighbours are smoking cannabis