Trump signs Right to Try Act for terminally ill patients
President Donald Trump has signed a bill giving terminally ill patients the right to try experimental treatments not approved by the government.
Patients were able to apply to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for access to non-approved drugs before, and most were granted permission.
The new bill does not mandate that drug makers give access to unapproved drugs to patients asking for them.
Advocacy groups including the American Cancer Society had opposed the bill.
What has changed with the Right to Try act? The new Right to Try act allows patients with life-threatening diseases to... read more
- 03:21 Malcolm Turnbull says Peter Dutton has given him 'absolute support'
- 02:56 Nauru hunger strike: Border Force abandons multiple attempts to...
- 02:56 Sinking Leeds United crash to another defeat at Brentford
- 02:55 Burt Reynolds regrets turning down James Bond and Star Wars but...
- 02:47 Black Country drug dealer forced to pay back £60,000
- 02:37 North Korea to host emotional family reunions
- 02:37 Kerala floods: Relief teams rescue 22,000 as rains ease
- 02:32 WWE SummerSlam: Watch moment Becky Lynch SNAPS and attacks...
- 02:29 The Elizabeth Line: how much has it cost and when will it open?
- 02:15 Sticky Heelz signs US market deal
- 01:51 Greece emerges from eurozone bailout programme
- 01:43 Lazio fans tell women to stay away from stadium's 'sacred space'
- 01:43 Imran Khan ditches hundreds of servants as part of Pakistan...
- 01:33 Dramatic fall in number of civil partnerships in Lincolnshire
- 01:32 Michael Cohen under investigation for $20m bank fraud – report
- 01:18 'I broke every bone in my face - and survived'
- 01:18 Northamptonshire County Council 'bought rugby hospitality box'
- 01:14 Lombok: deadly quake hits island recovering from string of tremors
- 01:12 Jobcentre joke is the funniest at the Fringe
- 01:12 Exhibition for the man who created the first map of Wales
- 01:12 Evidence in the bones reveals rickets in Roman times
- 01:07 Funniest Edinburgh Fringe 2018 joke revealed as comedian's 'brain...
- 01:05 Daniel Bryan: WWE star reveals new contract decision ahead of...
- 01:03 Britain to stop funding Free Syria opposition as Assad closes in
- 01:01 South Tyneside Council vehicles rack up £181,000 in accident bills
- 00:54 Cockermouth's former youth hostel sees sale complete
- 00:52 ‘There is no defence for that’ – Paul Scholes hits out at...
- 00:52 Roger Federer names Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal as US Open...
- 00:47 MoJ seizes control of Birmingham prison from G4S
- 00:45 Were these Manchester's daftest ever ideas?