Trump-Russia: FBI probed whether Trump was working for Moscow - NYT
The White House has condemned a New York Times report that the FBI opened an inquiry into whether President Trump was secretly working for Russia.
Law enforcement officials became concerned by Mr Trump's behaviour in May 2017, when he sacked FBI director James Comey, the paper says.
The investigation reportedly examined whether Mr Trump was a national security threat.
"This is absurd," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said.
"James Comey was fired because he's a disgraced partisan hack, and his deputy Andrew McCabe, who was in charge at the time, is a known... read more
- 23:57 School's protective fence plan prompts neighbour complaints
- 23:57 Residents' rage over garage forecourt facelift
- 23:54 Residents' rage over garage forecourt facelift
- 23:49 Larry Nassar case: University head John Engler 'set to resign'
- 23:48 Former West Indies coach Stuart Law says old charges can trouble...
- 23:48 Professional rider Mason Lowe dies after bull steps on his chest at...
- 23:47 Chelsea keen on £40m deal with Everton… but Kurt Zouma is part of...
- 23:42 Harry Redknapp’s granddaughter Molly 'dating' I'm A Celeb's Malique...
- 23:41 US to begin INF treaty pullout next month after Russia missile...
- 23:41 Pranksters defend spreading fake news of Trump's departure
- 23:41 Top North Korean officials reportedly set for Washington visit
- 23:41 Greek PM wins confidence vote after Macedonia name crisis
- 23:36 Football Leaks: 'Suspected hacker' detained in Hungary
- 23:29 Hillsborough trial hears how risk of Liverpool fan crush was 'obvious'
- 23:29 Clubber Mohammed Abdul who drove car onto dancefloor banned from roads
- 23:29 Shoreham Airshow crash pilot Andrew Hill played 'fast and loose'...
- 23:29 Meghan Markle's £25 H&M dress sends internet into frenzy - and you...
- 23:29 Bury Council commits to becoming a plastic free community
- 23:18 IN PICTURES: HRH Princess Anne heads for the Farne Islands to visit...
- 23:18 IN PICTURES: Princess Anne visits St Aidan's Church in Bambrgh
- 23:15 US 'probes Huawei for trade secret theft'
- 23:05 Birmingham kids in care far more likely to be convicted of crime
- 23:04 David De Gea ready to commit his future to Manchester United in...
- 23:03 Derby crown storming comeback by sinking Southampton in shootout
- 23:02 Heartbroken mum says baby would still be alive if ‘hospital...
- 22:41 Masters snooker 2019 quarter-final schedule, draw and odds
- 22:40 IN PICTURES: HRH Princess Anne heads for the Farne Islands to visit...
- 22:40 IN PICTURES: Princess Anne visits St Aidan's Church in Bambrgh
- 22:37 Brit family ‘facing deportation caught stealing Christmas tree...
- 22:36 South Shields MP slams Tories after government survives no...