Trump Kim summit: US president lauds deal despite scepticism
Donald Trump has declared that North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat, following his summit with Kim Jong-un.
The two leaders met on Tuesday, signing a brief declaration on denuclearisation and reducing tensions.
After arriving back in the US, the president also tweeted that "everybody can now feel much safer".
However, the credibility of that claim is in doubt. Many observers say the agreement does little to reduce North Korea's stockpile of weapons.
Skip Twitter post by @realDonaldTrump Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took... read more
- 04:54 Co-op Funeralcare undertakers' fury over huge pay cut or redundancy...
- 04:54 Golfer bags hole-in-one while completing gruelling 10 rounds in one...
- 04:54 Scot stunned after pal flies 4000 miles to tell him 'you're it' in...
- 04:54 'Limbs in the loch' monster William Beggs must die in jail says...
- 04:54 Roadchef workers hope 20-year battle over unpaid millions will...
- 04:54 Family honour 92-year-old D-Day survivor after fatal motorbike crash
- 04:54 'It bit and tore into my arm' Postman tells of terrifying ordeal as...
- 04:50 English bulldog Zsa Zsa scoops World's Ugliest Dog top prize
- 04:40 Prince William continues Middle East tour
- 04:20 Stormy Daniels 'to meet prosecutors on Michael Cohen case'
- 04:14 Doctor on trial over Spain 'stolen babies' scandal
- 04:14 The Indian actresses caught in a US 'prostitution' racket
- 04:14 Burning Cameroon: Images you're not meant to see
- 03:56 Big Partnership in bumper bonus pay-out
- 03:53 Donald Hall, US poet laureate and prize-winning man of letters,...
- 03:53 Roseanne Barr apologises in teary interview: 'I've made myself a...
- 03:47 Hollywood film wants YOU to star alongside Margot Robbie and get paid
- 03:08 NSW display class, style and flamboyance in State of Origin win
- 03:07 What’s in a wink? Lessons from Clinton, Corbyn and Rihanna
- 02:41 'I trusted my daughter's abuser with my life'
- 02:41 Scottish trade delegation heads to Berlin
- 02:41 Questions over Swansea Bay tidal lagoon decision delay
- 02:36 'New Zealand wants you': the problem with tech at the edge of the...
- 02:22 'Shakespeare would recognise this theatre... except the scaffolding'
- 02:19 Highly trained, respected and free: why Finland's teachers are...
- 02:17 £67m tax bill of bust scrap dealer firm
- 01:52 UK Top 40 singles chart to include video streaming figures
- 01:50 Love Island's Zara Holland reveals she's on anti depressants two...
- 01:50 Kelly Brook ADMITS she retouches her Instagram photos but insists...
- 01:50 Love Island presenter Caroline Flack pays tribute to 'beautiful...