Train passengers in Tayside and Fife facing annual season ticket hikes of up to £173
Rail travel could be too expensive for thousands more Scots when new price rises kick in next year, Labour have said.
Dundee commuters to Scotland’s two biggest cities will have to pay £150 extra on average after fresh hikes were announced on Wednesday.
Season tickets for eight key routes serving Tayside and Fife will increase by between £53 and £174 in January, according to the Scottish Labour analysis.
ScotRail’s regulated peak fares will go up 3.2%, which is calculated based on a rate of inflation, while regulated off-peak fares are being hiked by 2.2%.
The rises come as passengers... read more
- 20:10 TV surgeon and girlfriend ‘drugged and raped over 1,000 women’
- 20:06 ‘Ransom-letter rapist tucked victim into bed and prayed with her...
- 20:04 Man charged with murder after Hindley pub death
- 20:00 Model says 'horrible' doctors at Hull hospital 'accused her of...
- 19:59 New York Review of Books editor Ian Buruma departs amid outrage...
- 19:57 Glasgow drugs gang caged after supplying more than £1.7 million...
- 19:54 Muller Light addict who eats up to 24 yogurts a day "devastated"...
- 19:54 Boy with severe dairy allergy died after being 'chased at school...
- 19:54 Elderly woman suffers serious injuries in Doncaster collision
- 19:50 Storm Ali: Trees down, roads closed and 6,600 homes without power
- 19:50 Storm Ali in Cumbria: Firefighters respond across the county
- 19:50 Storm Ali in Cumbria: More than 7,500 properties left without power
- 19:48 Melbourne Cup hope Withhold may need prep race in Australia to get...
- 19:47 Police hunting flasher at Acocks Green Railway Station release...
- 19:47 This is why the pound endured a rollercoaster day today
- 19:47 Arsenal stars to BLAME for Arsene Wenger's departure: Per...
- 19:44 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author
- 19:43 Colombia continues to break records for cocaine production, report...
- 19:41 TV surgeon and girlfriend ‘drugged and raped up over 1,000 women’
- 19:40 Momentum won't block second Brexit vote debate at Labour conference
- 19:39 Who is Charlie Lakin? The lowdown on Birmingham City ace making...
- 19:39 Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood obsessed over 'racist and rude'...
- 19:34 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author
- 19:32 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author
- 19:31 14,158-strong petition opposes proposed urgent care changes in...
- 19:29 Luxury Briefing
- 19:29 Stealth luxury: falling for the Volkswagen Arteon (sponsored)
- 19:27 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author
- 19:27 Donald Trump urged Spain to 'build the wall' – across the Sahara
- 19:24 TV’s Stuart becomes a new author