Tragedy of Grimsby Town steward who died trying to remove wasp nest
A Grimsby Town FC chief steward died after being stung by a wasp and falling from a ladder as he tried to get rid of a nest.
Mike Gibson, 66, was allergic to wasps, an inquest into his death was told.
Mike had told his wife he was going to remove the nest from the roof of their home in Robinson Lane, Louth, on November 2.
But after he had climbed the ladder in the rain, Mr Gibson, who had been drinking and was wearing slippers, was stung and plunged to the ground.
When his wife found him she performed CPR while emergency services rushed to the scene.
PC Claire Blakey told the coroner an... read more
- 20:41 GALLERY: Feel the fear on island of screams in Ingoldmells
- 20:41 Special effects experts say young people needed in the industry
- 20:41 Loose sheep rescued by police officers on M4 motorway
- 20:41 Stonehenge tunnel plans submitted to Planning Inspectorate
- 20:41 Huddersfield snowboarder David Ewart suffocated in crevasse
- 20:35 Firefighters ATTACKED by gang of '20 youths' with fireworks, stones...
- 20:33 GALLERY: Feel the fear on island of screams in Ingoldmells
- 20:33 Man, 75, injured in crash with motorbike in New Parks, Leicester
- 20:33 Police confirm two bodies found in Netherhall bungalow after...
- 20:32 Evil family who kept vulnerable neighbours as SLAVES they paid with...
- 20:31 The Bakary Sako news that all West Brom fans have been waiting for
- 20:24 Saudi Arabia pays UK firms millions to boost image
- 20:24 US charges Russian woman with interfering in 2018 midterms
- 20:21 Jose Mourinho responds to Eden Hazard’s comments about...
- 20:18 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho responds to Chelsea star Eden Hazard...
- 20:13 Dunkin’ Donuts worker calls cops on Somali model for speaking in...
- 20:12 Rocker Bobby Gillespie hits out at ‘smug’ Andrew Neil after BBC...
- 20:10 Wentworth byelection: after a chaotic campaign comes the day of...
- 20:09 Morecambe camp will be seeking to establish home rule
- 20:00 Scots warned over meat as Salmonella cases rise
- 20:00 Cops in Shettleston attempted murder probe find burnt-out car that...
- 20:00 Crooked ex-boss who stole staff tips at Panoramic 34 restaurant has...
- 19:56 PICTURED: The man who has been burgling Hull houses for 40 years
- 19:56 Police incident closes city centre bus route
- 19:54 GOP candidate improperly purged 340,000 from Georgia voter rolls,...
- 19:54 Disabled mum horrified at what caused fly infestation in her kitchen
- 19:52 Man ‘killed wife with drugged ice cream to have affair with...
- 19:52 DNA 'links Russell Bishop to Brighton girls' murders'
- 19:44 Morecambe manager takes pride in Carlisle United clean sheet
- 19:42 ‘Barbaric’ family who kept neighbours as slaves jailed for 46 years