Thug who terrorised family with sledgehammer asks for jail sentence to be reduced
A thug who terrorised a family with a sledgehammer, forcing them to flee their home, failed in a bid to have his sentence reduced.
Peter Agatha had only recently been released from a jail term for a robbery in Liverpool when he threatened a mechanic who he accused of causing £7,000 worth of damage to his wife’s car.
The 45-year-old smashed the windows of his victim’s house and car - in front of his young child - after issuing chilling threats to get money following a dispute about a car repair.
Agatha, who has previous convictions for violence and robbery, was locked up for eight-and-a-half... read more
- 10:10 Success on the menu for student Sarah
- 10:09 ‘Russia meets Mo Salah and the atmosphere crackles’: World Cup 2018...
- 10:09 Girl, 15, dies and boy, 14, fighting for his life after taking...
- 10:09 British barbers flown into Russia to get England World Cup boys...
- 10:09 England fans arrested in Russia ahead of World Cup game against Panama
- 10:02 Queen's Hospital to help boost health coffers - and here's how
- 10:01 Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan welcomes second baby girl
- 09:58 Mansfield’s hour-by-hour weather forecast
- 09:56 Millom pool saved from demolition after public meeting
- 09:54 Concern growing for safety of 82-year-old Peter Coyne
- 09:52 West Brom and Bobby Reid: The latest on the interest in Bristol...
- 09:50 How to deal with a nightmare landlord – here’s your rights as a tenant
- 09:49 Up to 10,000 police officers and SAS to guard Donald Trump on visit...
- 09:49 Trump press secretary told to leave restaurant ‘because she works...
- 09:48 Determined Declan sets his sights on a top ‘Italian job’
- 09:48 Lincolnshire’s fire stations to host blood donation sessions
- 09:47 Elvis Presley's private plane put up for sale after spending 36...
- 09:46 Scientists aim to stop the devastation of Zika-like pandemics
- 09:46 Fresh controversy over firefighters’ ‘stay-put’ advice at Grenfell
- 09:45 Police appeal after girl, 19, assaulted by man in Carlisle street
- 09:43 Leamington woman with footballer's name stars in TV World Cup adverts
- 09:42 Scientists aim to stop the devastation of Zika-like pandemics
- 09:41 Interview: Kevin Linfoot back in the property game
- 09:39 Chesterfield’s hour-by-hour weather forecast
- 09:34 Once you see Cats in Food, you’ll struggle to un-see them
- 09:33 Kettering mental health charity handed a £3,000 boost
- 09:32 Saudi Arabian women celebrate as driving ban lifted
- 09:26 History society book launched at Southfield House
- 09:25 Private schools shun GCSEs and A-levels
- 09:20 Manchester United signing Fred scores wonder goal in Brazil training