Thug fined £1200 for biting chunk out of stepdad's ear in row over Andy Murray being British or Scottish
A man who almost bit off his stepfather's ear in a row over Andy Murray's nationality escaped a jail sentence and was ordered to pay his victim £1,200 in compensation.
Lee Clarke was also instructed to carry out 300 hours of unpaid work as an alternative to custody and ordered to remain in his house between 8pm and 6am for the next 90 days.
Sentencing Clarke at Inverness Sheriff Court, Sheriff Chris Dickson told him: "This was an extremely serious offence where you have caused permanent disfigurement.
"It is accepted that you were acting under provocation in that you were in a... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 19:31 Dates set for TWO demonstrations to force disgraced MP Andrew...
- 19:00 Scottish Government tourism campaign accused of ‘pushing SNP message’
- 19:01 Premier League transfer news: Lewandowski, Malcom, Ospina
- 19:31 Mum says school is like a 'prison' as son, 7, is kept in at break...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 19:00 Guns drawn as armed police surround car in Coventry street
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 19:31 Fake news claiming Rowan Atkinson has died are 'linked to scam' and...
- 18:59 Man dies after being knocked down in shopping centre car park
- 16:54 Alisson to Liverpool complete: Goalkeeper dubbed 'WORSE than...
- 18:59 Developer ups social housing offer for student flats complex
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 16:54 Ambulance workers to strike this weekend
- 17:26 Tax payers left to cover Government funding cuts for Derbyshire Police
- 19:31 Watch terrified mum and tot flee car as dad hauled out in violent...
- 19:00 Death driver suspect appears in court over Foleshill crash
- 17:19 Murder and manslaughter rates revealed by police for every area of...
- 19:31 Compromise over 'ridiculous' plans to close popular riverside...
- 18:59 Brother pays tribute to 'kind, caring and fearless' Sheffield...
- 17:26 Widow has bank account frozen for WEEKS after mystery deposit...
- 16:54 The dramatic moment police officers take down burglary suspect...
- 18:59 Ambulance staff to press on with strikes
- 16:54 Horror smash at level crossing in South Yorkshire leads to safety...
- 20:58 Summer getaway warning as motorists face 'frantic Friday' congestion
- 16:54 Impressive results at Outwood Primary Academy Greystone
- 18:59 Lancashire recommends... the best children's play parks in Lancashire
- 17:19 Dinosaurs on prowl in garden at Harlow Carr
- 17:19 Special 50p coin sold on eBay for hundreds - but do you have one?
- 16:54 Flybe releases details of its summer 2019 flights from Doncaster...