Three prison officers on trial after a poorly inmate was 'dragged along' before his death
A prisoner who had been unwell died of natural causes after he was allegedly dragged along and put on a prison bus, a jury heard.
Wayne Moore, 46, was found dead in one of the cubicles in the vehicle.
Three senior prison officers at HMP Nottingham went on trial on Tuesday (November 14) accused of misconduct in public office.
Jurors heard defendants - Paul Atkin, Auvil Graham and Philip Marshall - all plead not guilty to the allegation.
They allegedly failed to ensure that Mr Moore - who they knew or ought to have known was unwell - was seen by an appropriate health care professional.
And... read more
- 21:10 Traumatised boy, 11, mauled by dogs 'blames himself' after OWN...
- 21:03 'Yorkshire landlords now less likely to rent to Universal Credit...
- 21:02 Parents of Alfie Evans hope to set up foundation 'to honour his name'
- 21:02 These three Midlands House of Fraser stores are set to remain open
- 20:59 These were the fastest 100 runners at the 2018 Hull Marathon
- 20:58 Shanker Singham: is he the brains of Brexit?
- 20:57 May to face pressure to ditch Chequers plan in cabinet showdown
- 20:55 Barry Hearn and Frank Warren clash over Anthony Joshua's next fight
- 20:55 Anthony Joshua's three options for April 2019 Wembley fight revealed
- 20:55 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with missing...
- 20:52 Bury firefighters to rescue after wife gets wedding ring stuck
- 20:46 Liverpool news: Real Madrid Champions League plan to stop Salah,...
- 20:46 Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher predicts Premier League top four -...
- 20:45 Clothes taken in attack and robbery on woman in her 50s in Boston...
- 20:40 Unai Emery explains why he almost substituted Alexandre Lacazette...
- 20:31 #WhyIDidntReport: The hashtag supporting Christine Blasey Ford
- 20:31 Teacher ‘had sex with two students after plying them with beer...
- 20:21 'Things would have been very different' - Bristol Rovers view on...
- 20:15 Labour members in open revolt at union-backed party rule changes
- 20:15 Man in his 80s arrested over Brooke stab death
- 20:14 Review: Sweet taste of healthy dining at Burnley's newest eaterie
- 20:10 Unai Emery speaks out on Sokratis Papastathopoulos injury after...
- 20:10 Family left devastated after tragic death of 12-year-old schoolgirl...
- 20:10 Man taken to hospital following car crash in Hartlepool street
- 20:07 Man ‘put rope around pregnant woman’s neck while his girlfriend cut...
- 20:06 Review: Sweet taste of healthy dining at Burnley's newest eaterie
- 20:04 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho told to make Paul Pogba decision: France...
- 20:04 Labour conference: deselecting MPs to be made easier
- 20:03 Review: Sweet taste of healthy dining at Burnley's newest eaterie
- 19:56 Tributes paid to ‘lovely lad’ fatally stabbed outside Sheffeld cinema