Thomas Cook bring back direct flights from East Midlands Airport to Egypt
Holidaymakers looking to jet off from East Midlands Airport this year can now add Egypt to their must-see list of destinations.
Thomas Cook Airlines is set to launch a direct service to Hurghada, a beach resort town which stretches for 25 miles along the Red Sea coast.
There have been no direct flights from the Castle Donington airport to Egypt since April 2016.
In November 2015, the Foreign Office banned UK airlines from flying to the popular holiday resort of Sharm el Sheikh after 224 passengers and crew were killed in a bomb attack on a plane which had been placed on board at the town's... read more
- 10:08 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Children come together for activities
- 10:05 Britain’s youngest Lottery winner regrets not saving her millions...
- 10:05 Shipwreck revealed by shifting sands on South Shields beach 117...
- 10:04 90-year-old Rugby care home resident meets an elephant for the...
- 10:04 Sheffield road remains closed due to major burst water main
- 10:04 UK's youngest Lotto winner Callie Rogers admits biggest regret is...
- 10:04 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho management style and midfield roles...
- 10:02 Garry Monk responds to questions about Diego Fabbrini's Birmingham...
- 09:59 Wellingborough Daylight charity thanks shopping centre for donation
- 09:58 Four legged fun at Lutterworth Dog Fest!
- 09:58 Transfer news LIVE updates: Mourinho could be AXED over Pogba,...
- 09:56 Smell something that isn’t there? You might be suffering from...
- 09:54 Arsenal boss Emery outlines plans for Aubameyang and Lacazette...
- 09:53 Job opportunities as people switched from gas
- 09:52 Lifeboat crew called out after yacht crew stranded under RNLI station
- 09:51 Terminally ill dog is completing a bucket list before she dies
- 09:48 EuroScience Open Forum: sharing science, and a bit of career advice
- 09:46 Yotam Ottolenghi’s tomato recipes
- 09:45 Young woman seriously injured in crash in Sheffield
- 09:45 No arrests after latest stabbing in Sheffield
- 09:45 Have you seen missing Barrow man Frederick Lundy?
- 09:45 Job opportunities as people switched from gas
- 09:39 Meet the British woman saving street cats in Oman
- 09:37 Vintage opening at Pickering’s new antiques centre
- 09:34 Ragnar Klavan reveals Mohamed Salah and Alisson convinced him to...
- 09:33 Safety concerns for missing Chesterfield woman
- 09:32 'I did a whole lot of crying': the spectacular fall and rise of...
- 09:29 IN PICTURES: The otter sculptures that are brightening up a...
- 09:27 The opinion column with Graham Storer
- 09:27 Exotic animals add to annual fun day joy in South Tyneside