This is why you're waking up in the night - and how to solve it
So, you're lay there in bed at 3am and you realise you've got work in five hours time.
We've all been there - and it can be highly, highly frustrating.
There are a couple of simple things you can do to help your body drift back off, though.
But why are you waking in the first place?
Sometimes it can be explained relatively easily by a temporary issue, but longer-term issues may need closer inspection for a solution the Liverpool Echo reports .
Dr Neil Stanley, from the British Sleep Society, says: “We’ve evolved to realise that we’re potentially easy prey when we’re asleep, so most of us... read more
- 09:44 More than 40,000 attacks on public sector staff for third year...
- 09:43 Blessed Trinity's magical Hogwarts-themed open evening
- 09:43 Car bursts into flames
- 09:42 Fire breaks out in building on Sulgrave Road in New Humberstone
- 09:42 Jury reaches verdict over missing mum killed by police van sent to...
- 09:42 Sheffield sex attacker still on the streets
- 09:42 Man admits entering Wigan McDonald's with knife and meat cleaver
- 09:41 Police appeal after 7-year-old girl hit by motorbike in Scarborough
- 09:40 Dundee have changed their criteria for hiring managers, says John...
- 09:40 Netflix could cut prices with new low-cost subscription plan
- 09:39 Sheffield sex attacker still on the streets
- 09:39 Booths 2018 Christmas Book is out today!
- 09:39 Man 'stabbed long-term love rival to death with kitchen knife'...
- 09:39 Cleveland Fire Brigade call to stay safe and attend organised...
- 09:39 Lancashire passengers prepare for 32nd day of strike action on...
- 09:39 Paul Pogba to Barcelona: Messi and Pique ask for Man Utd transfer -...
- 09:38 City leaders unite in plea for extra police funding as...
- 09:37 Poppies take pride of place as Rugby village gets set to unveil...
- 09:37 Open evening success in North Somercotes
- 09:36 Residents asked to 'be a nosey neighbour' in fly-tipping battle
- 09:36 Walkers raise £600 for Children in Need
- 09:35 Getting kids ready for school is like working an extra day
- 09:35 Why was Anjem Choudary in prison and when was he sentenced?
- 09:33 Top scare attractions in Lancashire 2018
- 09:33 Lancashire passengers prepare for 32nd day of strike action on...
- 09:33 Man Utd news: Why does Paul Scholes HATE Jose Mourinho? Answer...
- 09:33 This classy gesture is a measure of Dean Smith's management
- 09:32 Youngsters showcase designs for new community pavilion in Buxton
- 09:31 Top scare attractions in Lancashire 2018
- 09:30 Top scare attractions in Lancashire 2018