This is why you might struggle get a council house in Derby
The number of social houses in Derby has failed to keep up with the city's population growth, new figures have revealed.
The population of Derby has risen by more than 9,000 people since 2010, while the number of social houses available has actually fallen slightly.
Official figures published this week showed there were 13,122 council houses in Derby in 2017 and a further 7,790 owned by “private registered providers” or PRPs.
The data shows that, in 2010, when the Conservatives took control of the Government as part of a then-coalition, there were 13,837 council houses in Derby and 7,145... read more
- 04:56 Wall Street millionaire scoops top prizes at World Pipe Band Champs...
- 04:56 Demi Lovato painkiller warning as drug deaths linked to...
- 04:41 Turnbull sets out power price fix to stay ahead of Coalition rebellion
- 04:36 'Free Walkers crisps' scam circulating on WhatsApp - here's what to...
- 04:06 Leicestershire Police officer who sexually abused teenage girl to...
- 03:40 Victorian Labor offers half-priced solar panels for homeowners in...
- 03:22 A lost rivalry returns: Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic chase...
- 03:12 Brexit: Government to publish no-deal advice on Thursday
- 02:18 US-Turkey row: Pastor a 'pawn in personal feud'
- 02:18 Ecuador tightens entry rules for Venezuelan migrants
- 01:54 Child passive smoking 'increases chronic lung risk'
- 01:48 Aston Villa's Marc Albrighton keeps feet on ground in hometown...
- 01:30 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 01:06 Resilient travel agents fight back against Airbnb
- 00:59 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:59 Observer sudoku
- 00:57 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:57 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:54 How quinoa is changing farmers' lives in Peru
- 00:52 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:50 West Yorkshire Police makes £1.8m selling uninsured cars: Porsches,...
- 00:50 Vintage bikes theft anguish
- 00:50 Middlesex v Yorkshire: As it happened
- 00:48 Join the latest craze as zero-alcohol spirits are taking Britain's...
- 00:48 The A-word: Bonnie Estridge has Alzheimer's... but life goes on
- 00:43 Yemi Osinbajo: Why Nigeria's favourite leader won't become...
- 00:40 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:40 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:39 Obituary: Bui Tin, the reporter who changed his country's fate
- 00:36 Idris Elba: ‘My ambition is boundless’