Third US judge orders Daca restarted, saying new applicants must be accepted
A third federal judge has ordered the Trump administration to restart a program that shields young undocumented immigrants known as “Dreamers” from deportation and, in a first, to accept new applicants to the program.
Writing that the decision to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (Daca) program was “virtually unexplained”, the US district judge John Bates said on Tuesday he would stay the order for 90 days to allow the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) an opportunity to “better explain” its decision.
“DACA’s rescission was arbitrary and capricious because the Department... read more
- 00:44 Rise in power bills expected despite government cap
- 00:44 British manufacturing output slips to ninth globally behind France
- 00:37 Our sporting pride
- 00:37 Leigh strike late to break Trojan hearts
- 00:32 Soup kitchens and start-ups: Greek bailout era ends
- 00:30 Rogue states and terrorists could use technological advances to...
- 00:29 'It never entered my mind that I wasn't coming back'
- 00:28 Demand for answers over controversial rail police merger
- 00:28 Jeremy Corbyn accused of betrayal over post-Brexit ‘renaissance’...
- 00:27 Colombia's improbable reef offers hope for coral worldwide
- 00:27 Gladbeck: The deadly hostage drama where the media crossed a line
- 00:22 Wedding bells - Hewson-Auty
- 00:22 Pick of picture houses for film buffs
- 00:22 Picture house and staff in roaring '20s
- 00:22 Where was the Woodman Inn?
- 00:22 Fantastic chance for chosen three
- 00:18 Sudoku 4,143 easy
- 00:18 Superfast broadband 'boosts UK business by £9bn'
- 00:18 Energy switch trial brings savings
- 00:18 Lowest-paid parents 'can't afford basic lifestyle'
- 00:12 Birmingham Prison taken over from G4S by government
- 00:12 Venezuela crisis: Brazil deploys troops after migrant attacks
- 00:09 WWE SummerSlam: Ronda Rousey sends fans into frenzy with Instagram...
- 00:07 Evidence in the bones reveals rickets in Roman times
- 00:06 Government steps in to take over 'appalling' Birmingham Prison
- 00:05 Youngsters found smoking cannabis in playparks will be marched home...
- 00:05 Jeremy Corbyn says Labour’s ‘industrial renaissance’ would help...
- 23:58 Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Cincinnati to complete...
- 23:58 Not one Arsenal player would get in Chelsea’s team, says...
- 23:58 Novak Djokovic reacts to his record-breaking victory against Roger...