Third of homes in Scotland fail to live up to expectations
One in three homes in Scotland does not meet people’s expectations of what a good home should be, with a stark housing divide between generations and between renters and owners, a report has claimed.
Earlier this year, 1,140 people in Scotland were asked to rate their home against the Living Home Standard, which was developed to define what a good home should provide. But according to Shelter Scotland, 34 per cent of homes failed on one category or more, with young people, families with children, renters and people on low incomes most likely to live in homes that do not meet the... read more
- 18:06 California wildfires: Concern over rain in search efforts
- 18:05 'Floozie in the Jacuzzi' fountain could flow again in Birmingham
- 18:05 Birmingham City favourite has made this interesting transfer admission
- 18:05 MDMA makes people more cooperative and forgiving, scientists discover
- 18:05 Bouncers found guilty of attacking rugby legend Shane Williams...
- 18:02 Mystery of Chinese camouflaged car spotted in Warwick
- 18:02 Sky is giving away a free 43" TV with its Black Friday Ultimate On...
- 18:01 Coventry City star marks comeback with a goal as he eyes return to...
- 18:01 Liverpool transfer news: Jurgen Klopp must sign a midfielder to...
- 18:01 Man Utd news: Injury updates amid potential crisis for Crystal...
- 18:01 Like Norman Foster's gherkin? Meet his cocktail cornichon
- 18:00 Revealed: New parliamentary candidate for Ripon Lib Dems
- 17:57 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery told to strengthen ONE position...
- 17:56 Northamptonshire's crime commissioner asks: 'Would you pay £2 a...
- 17:53 Salon staff 'beauty shame' teenage customer with cruel comments on...
- 17:53 Drug dealer ordered to pay £21k or do more jail time
- 17:52 Post-Brexit immigration plan would damage UK economy, May told
- 17:51 Major delays as multiple 999 crews rush in after pedestrian is...
- 17:50 Juventus ‘compiling dossier’ on Manchester United star Marcus Rashford
- 17:48 Weekend hockey results
- 17:47 Shipston Home Nursing announces week long pop up
- 17:46 Hospitality graduates show off skills at Celtic Park
- 17:43 Six students at Toronto Catholic school charged with sexual assault
- 17:43 Leeds German Christmas Market carousel's long history
- 17:43 Hyponatraemia Inquiry: GMC investigates two doctors
- 17:41 Police issue statement as man is 'seriously hurt' in Goole attack
- 17:41 Woman pulled from River Tyne and taken to hospital after rescue...
- 17:40 Corbyn's bold Brexit vision shows up May's tired old soundbites
- 17:40 Revealed: New parliamentary candidate for Ripon Lib Dems
- 17:38 Ben Walmsley's death prompted warning over video game