Thing of beauty: the best British cosmetics brands
While the beauty industry is dominated by big, international names, sometimes it pays to look closer to home. These smaller-scale British brands offer luxurious lotions and potions that are natural, cruelty free and ethically-minded.
The Soap Co If you're looking for products that do good as well as make you feel good, look no further than the Soap Co. Based in east London with a workshop in the Lake District, this cosmetic company is run by Clarity, a charity that supports blind, disabled and disadvantaged individuals in training and entering the workplace. Its chicly designed hand wash,... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle