Thieves steal terminally ill man’s ‘lifeline’ mobility scooter
The family of a man with a terminal illness have hit out after heartless thieves stole his “lifeline” mobility scooter.
Christopher Perry, 37, of Wuppertal Court, Jarrow, relied on the vehicle to maintain his independence as he continues to battle cancer.
It’s so hurtful that someone would want to do something like this Lisa Perry Police are now appealing for information after the scooter – along with its charger – were stolen from Mr Perry’s shed while he and wife Lisa were visiting family in Manchester over the weekend.
Mr Perry is undergoing chemotherapy as doctors try to prolong his... read more
- 08:55 One dead and two fighting for life during burglary in Bristol
- 08:55 Victory propels Erdoğan into elite club of strongman leaders
- 08:54 Public help police to chase down wanted Doncaster man
- 08:54 Amber Valley Soroptimists’ fashion fundraiser
- 08:54 Careers Day proves a hit at Sherburn
- 08:53 Deer 'stuck' in River Soar prompts 4 fire engines into action
- 08:53 Aston Villa step up preparations for the 2018/19 campaign
- 08:53 This is why there are no World Cup fan zones in Birmingham
- 08:53 This is where released goalkeeper Boaz Myhill could pitch up after...
- 08:51 Gossip: West Ham’s Wilshere concern?
- 08:51 Yorkshire QCs warn justice system is at ‘breaking point’
- 08:51 Uruguay team news: Predicted Uruguay line up vs Russia – Key...
- 08:51 Lord Inglewood named as new chairman of Cumbria LEP
- 08:51 Man arrested after alleged handgun incident in town centre
- 08:50 Child airlifted to hospital with head injuries after cliff fall
- 08:49 Lord Inglewood named as new chairman of Cumbria LEP
- 08:48 As Federer and Djokovic lose, what’s the state of play for Wimbledon?
- 08:48 Amber Valley Soroptimists’ fashion fundraiser
- 08:48 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:48 Lancashire County Council u-turn after unions force cuts rethink
- 08:46 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:45 This is why there are no World Cup matches being played this Friday
- 08:45 Major survey of Solihull's roads for £2 million safety projects
- 08:44 Public help police to chase down wanted Doncaster man
- 08:44 Timber causing disruption for M62 users on morning commute in Leeds
- 08:44 Single first-time buyers need over a decade to raise a deposit -...
- 08:43 Man Utd transfer news: Mourinho ‘wants rid’ of midfielder to seal...
- 08:43 Public help police to chase down wanted Doncaster man
- 08:43 Timber causing disruption for M62 users on morning commute in Leeds
- 08:43 Sheffield among worst places in country for dog attacks on postal...