These are the eight Leeds primary schools that aren't meeting government standards
Eight local primary schools are failing to bring enough pupils up to national education standards by the time they leave.
The Department for Education assesses how many children have met the national benchmark in reading, writing and arithmetic by the age of 11.
Only 56 per cent of Leeds primary pupils reach the target figure, compared to 61 per cent nationally.
There were also 511 mainstream primary schools in England that do not meet the government's 'floor standard', including eight in Leeds.
Schools are considered to be underperforming if fewer than 65 per cent of pupils reach the... read more
- 01:36 Defying stereotypes of older age, the volunteer who is busier than...
- 01:30 REVIEW: Fame - The Musical, Opera House, Blackpool
- 01:23 Jailed for abortion: the 15-year-old girl failed by Indonesia
- 01:18 Last place in England to offer publicly-funded homeopathy is to...
- 01:18 Men trust their doctor more if they are the same race, study finds
- 01:11 Young people 'more sceptical about value of university' – poll
- 01:05 Sudoku 4140 hard
- 01:00 Australians living longer but life expectancy dips in US and UK
- 00:58 Majority of Scottish voters feel ignored by UK ministers on Brexit
- 00:55 ‘Comfort women’: the dark history of Japan’s WWII sex slaves
- 00:55 Bitcoin price falls below £5,000 as market hits ‘panic mode’
- 00:53 REVIEW: Fame - The Musical, Opera House, Blackpool
- 00:37 Tory suspended over "Nazi" language
- 00:37 Happy Jansson signs new deal with Leeds United
- 00:20 Almost 350 news outlets to publish editorials denouncing Trump's...
- 00:18 Frampton vs Jackson: Northern Irish sporting history will be made -...
- 00:12 Picket Lines Fair Game
- 00:10 Peterloo director calls for 1819 massacre to be taught in UK schools
- 00:06 Man, 36, nearly dies after smoking four joints that triggered rare...
- 00:06 Weight gain after quitting smoking increases a person’s type 2...
- 00:05 West Midlands Police officer charged over indecent child images
- 00:01 Meghan Markle might be pregnant - if you notice this subtle sign
- 23:59 Kim Jong-nam murder trial: two suspects await key Malaysia court...
- 23:57 NRL's coaching merry-go-round at risk of spinning out of control
- 23:57 Birmingham City midfielder Chiekh N'Doye close to completing move -...
- 23:50 Paul Manafort trial: judge hands case to jurors after closing...
- 23:32 Unai Emery to stick with Petr Cech for Chelsea clash after deeming...
- 23:28 PICTURES: Low water levels at Derwent Reservoir reveal lost village
- 23:25 Everton paid over the odds for Richarlison, admits Marcel Brands
- 23:25 Mature and motivated: Aleksandar Mitrovic ready to fire for Fulham