Theresa May plans more trade talks with Trump this week
The prime minister is planning further talks with US President Donald Trump about a looming trade war over steel and aluminium tariffs.
Theresa May's spokesman said on Monday that the two would discuss the issue again later in the week.
"The prime minister has discussed this with President Trump on a number of occasions already," he told reporters.
He said she would again express disappointment at the decision to slap taxes on metals imported by the US.
The Trump administration's move to put tariffs of 10% on aluminium and 25% on steel from the European Union, Canada and Mexico... read more
- 10:22 Two children taken to Manchester Children’s Hospital after crash in...
- 10:22 E-cigs rules could be about to change to help people quit smoking
- 10:22 Britain to be hit with wind and rain this weekend as tropical Storm...
- 10:22 A-level joy for Heckmondwike Grammar School students
- 10:21 A-LEVELS: Impressive results at Louth Academy and Cordeaux
- 10:21 Outstanding results add up to an exciting future for CRGS pupils
- 10:20 Happy 130th birthday to Burnley and Pendle NSPCC branch!
- 10:20 15-year-old boy from Bradford charged with terrorism offences
- 10:20 Police want to trace these two men in connection with alleged theft...
- 10:20 Developer calls for council to release report and repeats legal...
- 10:20 Council praise for county’s sixth formers
- 10:19 Food and drink Voices: How can we future-proof food & drink in...
- 10:19 Scotch meat still top of the class
- 10:19 Can Blumhouse's political pod repeat Get Out's success? – podcasts...
- 10:19 Former Arsenal star Alan Smith explains why Mesut Ozil is Unai...
- 10:18 A-level joy for Heckmondwike Grammar School students
- 10:18 Developer calls for council to release report and repeats legal...
- 10:18 Council praise for county’s sixth formers
- 10:17 My life in sex: the 31-year-old who has never been kissed
- 10:17 Homes across Warwick district to get health check
- 10:17 Outstanding results add up to an exciting future for CRGS pupils
- 10:16 Lee Miller’s Nude Bent Forward: phallic curves from a pioneering...
- 10:16 Burnby Hall waterlilies talk
- 10:16 Diana Athill on VS Naipaul: ‘I worked very hard at keeping...
- 10:16 Artist's Aboriginal portraits back in Tasmania after 170 years
- 10:16 15-year-old boy from Bradford charged with terrorism offences
- 10:15 Stables Lane recreation area open for play
- 10:14 Understanding performance practice
- 10:14 Two children taken to Manchester Children’s Hospital after crash in...
- 10:14 Happy 130th birthday to Burnley and Pendle NSPCC branch!