There’s been a massive drop in the amount of alcohol drunk by teenagers
Teenage drinking has declined more dramatically in England than many other European countries, new research shows.
A large reduction in weekly alcohol use among adolescents was observed between 2002 and 2014 in the majority of the 36 countries featured in a World Health Organisation (WHO) report.
The largest decline in prevalence for both boys and girls was in England, where spirit and beer consumption has also fallen significantly.
The WHO report, which examines alcohol-related behaviour among 15-year-olds in Europe, was led by researchers at the University of St Andrews.
More than half... read more
- 04:28 Arab countries discuss 'Australia situation' after recognition of...
- 04:23 'Lack of training' at Bradgate Mental Health Unit led to death of...
- 04:23 Investigation launched to find out why white working class children...
- 04:17 North Korea warns US sanctions could derail plans to denuclearise
- 03:28 Yael Stone alleges Geoffrey Rush acted inappropriately towards her...
- 03:28 Saudi Arabia rejects US Senate 'interference' in kingdom's affairs
- 03:06 Workplace reforms 'will protect gig economy workers'
- 03:03 Alan Shearer slams Romelu Lukaku for being ‘bullied’ by Virgil van...
- 02:59 Our lock-and-leave culture: the rise of self-storage and clinging...
- 02:50 Hull hotel cancels homeless people's Christmas day booking
- 02:46 Why Carlos Pena’s return is a problem for Rangers
- 02:46 Brendan Rodgers admits Celtic ‘might need two’ new strikers
- 02:46 Rumour Mill: Celtic and Rangers eye former Real Madrid striker |...
- 02:37 Michael Cheika survives as Scott Johnson is named Wallabies'...
- 02:32 Laura Ashley to close 40 UK stores amid a push into China
- 02:30 Vegan equality at the Cellar Club
- 02:25 Mexico launches $7.4bn Tren Maya railway project
- 02:16 Overactive immune system 'may trigger ME-like symptoms'
- 01:58 Why more people are using these libraries
- 01:57 Drivers using mobile phones in NSW to be caught with new cameras
- 01:39 YP letters: Battling to find funds for local needs
- 01:31 Andrew Broad resigns as minister following allegations of...
- 01:19 YP Letters: Respect our shopworkers at busy time of year
- 01:09 Saudi Arabia condemns US Senate 'interference'
- 01:09 The Yorkshire Post says: “Dickensian picture” of poverty is deeply...
- 01:09 Plan for Brexit needed now
- 01:09 YP Letters: Get behind the Prime Minister’s deal to get us out of...
- 01:07 Sudoku 4245 easy
- 01:07 NFL wrap: Steelers top Pats while Bears make playoffs for first...
- 00:47 HS2: MPs had 'enormously wrong' cost estimate, says whistleblower