There’s a one in five chance Brexit won’t happen, says Sir Vince Cable
There is at least a 20 per cent chance that Brexit will not happen, Liberal Democrat leader Sir Vince Cable has suggested.
The former Cabinet minister said there was a ‘distinct possibility’ that the UK could remain in the bloc even though the process that will lead to Brexit in March 2019 is already under way.
Sir Vince acknowledged that there could be an ‘amicable divorce’ with Brussels which would be acceptable to the public – but there was also the potential for a ‘terrible... read more
- 14:41 Man detained under the Mental Health Act for Birmingham mosque attacks
- 14:39 Man, 29, drove Audi on A158 while seven times over drug drive limit
- 14:39 The number of flashers and peeping toms reported to police in...
- 14:38 West Brom 1990s quiz - how many can you get right?
- 14:32 Italy and China in plan for new Silk Road-style trade network
- 14:31 'Cancel Brexit' petition woman receives death threats
- 14:29 One to watch: Omar Apollo
- 14:29 'The things that make people in North East angry will be made worse...
- 14:27 Welcome to Yorkshire director 'shocked' by Sir Gary Verity's...
- 14:27 Pro-Brexit go-slow protesters stopped by police in Yorkshire just...
- 14:24 Akala: ‘I saw someone get stabbed when I was 12'
- 14:23 Hayman’s Ginema returns to London – because movies are better with gin
- 14:23 Heartbroken pals of Ayrshire teens launch fundraisers after deaths...
- 14:23 Desperate dog owners offer £1000 reward to help find pooch who ran...
- 14:22 Brexit’s biggest impact on rugby league is likely to be financial
- 14:22 Pro-Brexit go-slow protesters stopped by police in Yorkshire just...
- 14:21 The most dangerous streets in west Hull and city centre for violent...
- 14:17 Bride-to-be who went missing on hen night buried in wedding dress
- 14:17 Brexit march taken over by pack of adorable protesters
- 14:13 Freddie Flintoff's TV show fish bar spotted in Derbyshire
- 14:12 NHS trusts call in the bailiffs to chase ineligible patients’ debts
- 14:10 Attack on SIXTH Islamic teaching centre in Birmingham
- 14:09 Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury's issue product recalls over safety...
- 14:07 Fire and Rescue crews attend Ilkeston house fire
- 14:07 ‘Pasta like cat food’: Edinburgh Airport lounge ranked worst in...
- 14:06 Freddie Flintoff's TV show fish bar spotted in Derbyshire
- 14:04 Birmingham City 1990s quiz - how many can you get right?
- 14:00 SPLC chief resigns to give turmoil-hit rights group 'best chance to...
- 13:58 Sunderland at Wembley: When two newcomers shot this grainy but...
- 13:56 M5 near Oldbury shut by 'unexploded device'