The transport column with Don Mackenzie
Beckwith Road – finally resurfaced
NYCC had scheduled full resurfacing of this heavily-used access and bus route in 2017, but delayed work when Yorkshire Water announced plans for extensive mains replacement in the Harlow Hill area.
Once the utility’s contractors cleared the highway, the county’s contractors moved in and completed the resurfacing at the end of August. Residents have expressed their satisfaction with their new road.
A number of other key access roads are included in this year’s increased expenditure on highways repairs by the County Council, including Bower Road, Dragon... read more
- 14:03 The two starred Michelin chef on a mission in Yorkshire
- 14:01 Buxton reunion of former Silverlands Secondary School for Girls pupils
- 13:59 Leeds biker one of two dead in horror smashes on A65 in North...
- 13:56 The 5 people who have been in court in Hull this week
- 13:54 Gary Neville reacts to Jose Mourinho touchline bust-up with Chelsea...
- 13:54 Video shows moment floor collapses injuring at least 30 people at...
- 13:51 Three top award nominations for fashion retailer
- 13:50 Theresa May faces rebellion from Scottish MPs over Brexit extension
- 13:49 The importance of teamwork in sport
- 13:44 Ferry with 56 aboard runs aground after crashing into yachts in...
- 13:43 Beefing up confidence in Adderbury’s eco-friendly meat
- 13:42 Ant McPartlin’s ex Lisa Armstrong faces legal action if she attacks...
- 13:39 Lincolnshire’s most dangerous junctions revealed
- 13:39 Ditching nuclear arms treaty would be 'dangerous step', Russia...
- 13:38 Girl, 6, saves mum’s life by telling teacher ‘my daddy is hurting...
- 13:37 48 pictures of new school starters in east Hull primary schools
- 13:36 Roger Federer targets new record as he seeks return to form in Basel
- 13:36 Shocking picture shows pensioner in hospital after scrambler hit...
- 13:34 Ben & Jerry’s launch four new low-calorie options
- 13:34 Photographing mixed race people has helped me connect to my dual...
- 13:32 FA Cup joy for Solihull Moors as the impressive run continues
- 13:27 Jamal Khashoggi death: Saudis' explanation challenged
- 13:23 Glazers do not intend to sell Manchester United amid reports of...
- 13:23 Catalonia's independence struggle has hit Barcelona's reputation,...
- 13:21 Mum and five kids 'left freezing in home without a window for weeks'
- 13:20 Leeds bowel patient raises awareness
- 13:20 Daisy needs a special home
- 13:14 Edward Moon shines out among the best (review)
- 13:13 Ninestiles school to enforce 'silent corridor' rule
- 13:13 Dominic Raab tells 'jittery' Tories: Hold your nerve