The 'stubborn spot' that left a HOLE the size of a five-cent nickel on the face of a mother-of-two: 40-year-old who avoided the sun is diagnosed with skin cancer and needed more than 20 stitches
A mother-of-two has been left with a hole the size of a five-cent nickel in her face after dismissing the sign of skin cancer as a 'stubborn spot.'
Keely Jones, 40, was advised by a beautician to get a red blemish on her face seen to.
Yet, Ms Jones, from North Carolina, was convinced the bump on her temple was just a spot as she rarely exposed her skin to the sun.
After eventually seeing a doctor in September, Ms Jones was finally diagnosed with a form of skin cancer, known as basal cell carcinoma, and required more than 20 stitches after the growth was removed on November 21.
Ms Jones, who... read more
- 07:56 Joyce McMillan: Edinburgh Festival is infected by the age of rage
- 07:54 Ayton Primary School roof repairs
- 07:53 Elon Musk was 'not on weed' when tweeting about taking Tesla private
- 07:53 Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea? Wes Brown makes bold title...
- 07:52 Messages advising smokers to 'make this your last pack' could be...
- 07:47 Cavendish Nuclear tests new mapping system
- 07:47 Every business in enterprise hub broken into an £40,000 worth of...
- 07:45 Angelina Jolie ‘lookalike’ reveals her most extreme look yet
- 07:45 Nearly 80 people collapse in single park from synthetic marijuana...
- 07:45 Cavendish Nuclear tests new mapping system
- 07:43 Sadiq Khan: London planners must prepare for no-deal Brexit
- 07:43 Earliest galaxies found 'on our cosmic doorstep'
- 07:40 Sheffield man in custody over attack in which kneecap and thigh...
- 07:40 Murder suspects due in court over stabbing of Sheffield dad-of-three
- 07:40 Stabbing victim fighting for life in hospital
- 07:40 Baby pulled alive from drain with umbilical cord wrapped around...
- 07:40 Tenant whose 'pap' inspired her to garden among winners of...
- 07:39 Bamber Bridge have a mental edge over this weekend’s opponents...
- 07:38 Stunning murals brighten up Carlisle railway station
- 07:38 Cutting out carbs could shorten your life, suggests study
- 07:37 Long M1 queues near Shepshed after lorry mounts central reservation
- 07:36 This is when Leeds will be hit by heavy downpours this weekend as...
- 07:31 Carlisle taxi driver banned from driving after writing off his car
- 07:21 Brave Bertie has another operation
- 07:21 Teething problems for new town parking restrictions
- 07:21 Stage is set for a vital makeover of theatre
- 07:20 Why this hassle over a travel insurance payment from Nationwide?
- 07:19 Shocking footage captures police officer hit by colleague’s van...
- 07:18 Family fuming when short flight to Birmingham Airport triggers 30...
- 07:18 The three big decisions Unai Emery must make ahead of Arsenal...