The siblings whose germs could KILL each other: Brother and sister with cystic fibrosis can't play together as their bugs could cause lung failure
These siblings just love to play together - but their mother has to keep them apart because sharing germs could kill them.
Faye, four, and Alfie, three, from Maldon, Essex, were both diagnosed with lung disease cystic fibrosis - which causes a build-up of mucus - shortly after birth.
This harbors bacteria which often causes recurring lung infections, meaning the pair have to take 45 tablets each every day to help clear their lungs.
Persistent bugs damage the lungs and can eventually lead to respiratory failure in sufferers - which can be fatal.
It leaves their mother Zoe Fuhr, 23, with no... read more
- 19:34 Watch Katy Perry meet fans beside the Clyde in Glasgow ahead of...
- 19:33 New driver overtakes learner - and almost runs over man on zebra...
- 19:32 Two very different visions of Labour foreign policy
- 19:31 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 19:26 DUP leader Arlene Foster attends first Gaelic football final in...
- 19:26 Model shares remarkable photo of recovery after acid attack horror...
- 19:24 Retired British couple found dead in Jamaica
- 19:24 'A money-making machine': families struggle to pay Home Office charges
- 19:23 ‘In a dream world’ – England fans in Nizhny Novogorod react to...
- 19:23 Socceroos' time of transition sees baton pass from Cahill to Arzani
- 19:23 County cricket talking points: Surrey go top thanks to supreme Pope
- 19:23 Gareth Southgate: ‘We wouldn’t swap Harry Kane for anyone’
- 19:23 Wallabies prove 'tactically inept' against smarter Ireland
- 19:19 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 19:19 Leicester salutes services personnel at Armed Forces Day event
- 19:18 Antonia Syson obituary
- 19:18 Michael Banton obituary
- 19:13 England’s odds to win World Cup slashed after Panama thrashing
- 19:12 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho bins Alex Sandro plans, La...
- 19:12 Everton transfer news: FOUR set to follow Ramiro Funes Mori out as...
- 19:03 The slums of Hull: Starving families, people covered in filth and...
- 19:03 Mali Fula villagers were killed 'in cold blood'
- 19:03 'I still feel mutilated': victims of disgraced gynaecologist Emil...
- 19:01 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 18:59 Body found in search for missing Northumberland man
- 18:50 Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- 18:50 UK's 'most patriotic' street gets bunting out again for England
- 18:48 Egypt star Mohamed Salah considers retirement from...
- 18:48 Air ambulance called after serious road accident in Chesterfield
- 18:42 Liverpool transfer news: Lyon president speaks out on Nabil Fekir...