The shocking number of young drivers behind the wheel in West Midlands crashes
Almost one in five drivers in road accidents in the West Midlands are aged between 16 and 25.
Birmingham Live analysed data on more than one million road accidents between 2010 and 2016.
We found that between 2010 and 2016 a total of 68,148 cars, lorries, motorbikes and other vehicles have been involved in accidents in the wider Birmingham area.
Some 12,319 of these vehicles were driven by young drivers, or 18 per cent of the total.
Some 116 of these accidents proved fatal for at least one person.
In Birmingham itself the share was 17 per cent while the highest proportion of young drivers... read more
- 10:10 National Lottery results for Saturday August 18 2018
- 10:10 Former Coventry student charged with attempted murder following...
- 10:07 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 10:06 Man Utd news: Barcelona accept Paul Pogba defeat but WILL launch...
- 10:06 Liverpool news: Roberto Firmino sends fierce title warning to Man...
- 10:06 Police descend on 'severe' A158 crash involving combine harvester
- 10:06 Transfer News LIVE updates: Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool,...
- 10:06 Police discover body of man, 36, in Boston
- 10:05 Sheffield mum found dead in Ibiza was Manchester terror attack...
- 10:03 Man living in a caravan near abandoned quarry for FIVE years...
- 10:03 Barrow clothes bank offers to help as it is revealed parents spend...
- 10:02 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 10:01 Thieves use stolen tractor to bulldoze wall and steal cash machine
- 09:58 "Large amount" of pound coins stolen during burglary in Penrith
- 09:55 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 09:54 How they rated: Who impressed for Preston North End in their draw...
- 09:54 Stevenage 1-0 Morecambe - Shrimps remain without a goal or a point...
- 09:54 Backstreet Boys fans hurt in Oklahoma storm
- 09:51 Fire at disused primary school
- 09:51 Searches begin for boy, 12, missing from Leicestershire village
- 09:50 William Miller: how I failed to get away from my famous father
- 09:50 Irvine Welsh: ‘I thought Trainspotting would be a cult book, but...
- 09:49 How Manchester United could line up without Alexis Sanchez...
- 09:47 Hartlepool United player ratings: How did Pools perform v Maidenhead?
- 09:41 Leeds West Indian Carnival 2018: Focus should be on heritage and...
- 09:38 The big picture: Muholi’s searching gaze
- 09:39 Man arrested after Sutton stabbing
- 09:38 He read the news all day, oh boy: how Beatles ‘froze out’ George...
- 09:34 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 09:32 Opinions are divided on what should happen to Wigton bank