The Royal Mint is releasing a special commemorative coin for Christmas
The Royal Mint is releasing a commemorative coin for Christmas, and it has a traditional festive theme.
It features a fir Christmas tree, decorated with baubles and lights, as well as a star on the top.
The silver £5 coin will be available to buy from Monday, October 9 on the official Royal Mint site .
Of the new coin, The Royal Mint said: "It showcases one of the most iconic symbols of the festive period - the Christmas Tree.
"It plays a key role in many people’s festive traditions and all the events that surround it – from decorating the tree with family, to opening presents... read more
- 16:03 Cops seize vehicle driven by learner driver after motorway collision
- 16:03 Arsenal ace Alex Iwobi makes honest revelation after Chelsea loss
- 16:02 This is what Leicester City boss Claude Puel had to say about...
- 15:59 Sir Bruce Forsyth's ashes laid to rest under stage at London Palladium
- 15:58 Jose Mourinho explains why he picked Anthony Martial to replace...
- 15:57 Lancaster man who climbed Ben Nevis in wheelchair donated funds to...
- 15:55 Dad with multiple sclerosis wants standing wheelchair so he can...
- 15:54 The heartwarming moment little girl watches her dad walk for the...
- 15:54 24 pictures of Leicester Belgrave Mela in city centre
- 15:52 Sergio Agüero hits hat-trick in Manchester City’s rout of Huddersfield
- 15:50 Did you see it? Super-wide load takes over the M53 and M6 this weekend
- 15:50 What will the weather be like in the run-up to the August Bank...
- 15:47 Motorists told to expect disruption as roadworks begin across...
- 15:47 Tory minister to give Conservative conference speech as...
- 15:45 What will the weather be like in the run-up to the August Bank...
- 15:45 Police warn residents not to take law in own hands
- 15:45 Urgent appeal issued in search for woman missing from Hartlepool
- 15:44 US supplied bomb that killed 40 children on Yemen school bus
- 15:44 Water levels start to fall in flood-ravaged Kerala as rain set to ease
- 15:43 Chesterfield’s cheapest petrol and diesel prices
- 15:42 Drunk man rescued after following a horse to find his way home...
- 15:41 Why men with erection problems shouldn't suffer in silence
- 15:40 20+ Out of this world images from Sci-fi on the Sidings
- 15:38 How to prepare for university now that results day is over
- 15:37 Roxanne Pallett takes the plunge in Celebrity Big Brother pool
- 15:35 Liverpool news: Summer transfer business assessed by Paul Merson
- 15:35 5 tips for buying train tickets for less according to transport...
- 15:34 Police warn residents not to take law in own hands
- 15:34 Man fined for being drunk at airshow
- 15:31 Hardeep Singh Kohli branded 'creepy' on Celebrity Big Brother as...