The race cars with registration plates: The new Ford GT is just one road car that had to be built so it could win on the track - here are nine more of the best
When Ford designed the new GT car it was created for a single purpose: win the Le Mans 24 Hours GTE Pro class. In 2016 it did just that at the first attempt.
In order to compete in that class, Ford had to follow strict rules demanding it built a road-going version, which is why a lucky few will get to own a 647bhp race-bred supercar with registration plates - granted they can stump up the £420,000 price tag.
But may will have to wait, with just 25 a year being made for UK customers. In fact, it was almost 12 months to the date that the GT took the chequered flag at Le Mans that Ford UK... read more
- 02:01 Guard asked if extra sedation would be used on David Dungay,...
- 02:01 Trump immigration policy: My life trapped in an American city
- 02:01 Barack Obama's Johannesburg speech in full
- 02:00 The story of how one compilation came to rule them all
- 02:00 Schools alone cannot fix childhood obesity, says Ofsted boss
- 02:00 Kate Hoey under pressure from Labour after siding with Tories
- 02:00 Could a prime minister ever have a Brummie accent?
- 02:00 Five crocodiles in Monmouthshire dangerous animal hotspot
- 02:00 Pte Sean Benton: Coroner to rule on Deepcut army base death
- 02:00 Fears for missing teenage boy as police helicopter joins emergency...
- 01:53 GP Taylor: President Trump told the ugly truth about modern Britain
- 01:53 Smelly reeds in River Freshney to be cleared soon
- 01:53 Bernard Ingham: Maverick Trump shows us how to get tough with the EU
- 01:53 Next stop for health campervan
- 01:04 Revealed: First pictures of new £5 coin released by Royal Mint
- 01:04 Chris Moncrieff: May on brink as Corbyn awaits chance
- 01:04 Sunshine lifts Scots retailers but high street blues persist
- 00:53 Menopause: Lack of specialist care 'limits treatments'
- 00:41 World-first melanoma blood test detects early stages of deadly skin...
- 00:41 Festivalgoers urged to get MMR jab as measles infection rate soars
- 00:41 Schools alone cannot solve childhood obesity crisis, Ofsted warns
- 00:41 Omega-3 no protection against heart attack or strokes, say scientists
- 00:40 Young black men more like to be prosecuted over dispersal orders
- 00:40 World-first melanoma blood test detects early stages of deadly skin...
- 00:52 80 jobs created as Leicester gas and electric firm joins with M&S...
- 00:40 Schools alone cannot solve childhood obesity crisis, Ofsted warns
- 00:40 Wembley stadium sale is backed if £600m investment goes to grassroots
- 00:40 Omega-3 no protection against heart attack or strokes, say scientists
- 00:40 Sudoku 4115 medium
- 00:40 Papa John's founder says resigning over N-word use was a mistake