The Kate effect - how the Duchess of Cambridge engagement dress designer went BANKRUPT
Whatever she wears tends to sell out in a matter of hours, to the delight of designers - or so you would presume.
But one fashion designer has spoken out about how the ‘Kate effect’ actually ruined her business, and put her off designing clothes for two years.
Daniella Helayel was the woman behind the outfit Kate Middleton - now the Duchess of Cambridge - chose to wear to announce her engagement to Prince William.
Images of Kate wearing a deep blue Issa dress were beamed around the world, and interest in a label which had previously been known only to fashion insiders rocketed.
But sadly it... read more
- 09:36 Empty shop unit to be auctioned
- 09:36 Bonhomme Richard could bring huge tourism boost to Yorkshire coast
- 09:35 Memorial service marks anniversary of one of Scarborough’s worst...
- 09:35 Manchester United's top target; Barcelona's Liverpool condition;...
- 09:35 Bonhomme Richard could bring huge tourism boost to Yorkshire coast
- 09:34 Leamington teacher loses almost 17 stone in two years
- 09:34 Eight cars damaged by criminals in Kenilworth
- 09:34 SPONSORED: Are you ready to switch on to a new energy landscape?
- 09:34 SPONSORED: How tech facilitates a smarter life for all
- 09:33 Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri sends message to Alvaro Morata after...
- 09:33 Firefighters tackle overnight vehicle blaze in Mansfield
- 09:33 Mansfield business collects donations for care home residents this...
- 09:32 Whitby’s two secondary schools plan to form new federation
- 09:31 Police issue warning as protest cases traffic disruption
- 09:30 Robbers raid Thornton supermarket and steal cash machine
- 09:30 Premier League transfer news: Richarlison, Mesut Ozil, Ousmane...
- 09:29 Lane closed after motorway crash
- 09:28 Singer Ellie Goulding baptised at Doncaster church ahead of her...
- 09:25 Students meet speedway rider
- 09:24 Ronnie O’Sullivan pulls off ‘fantastic’ pot in UK Championship...
- 09:23 Transfer rumours: Arsenal hope to sign Barcelona and France winger...
- 09:21 Lane closed after motorway crash
- 09:19 Outsourcing firm Interserve's shares dive by 75% despite rescue plan
- 09:19 Man wanted after 'violent' incident at Nuneaton house
- 09:17 Robbie Neilson unhappy at decision to send him to the stand
- 09:17 Dundee United need to make their quality show, says Frederic Frans
- 09:17 Tommy Wright becomes boss of Aberdeen as St Johnstone go eight...
- 09:17 Goal hero Joe Shaughnessy would love to follow manager’s example by...
- 09:15 Former Nissan chair Carlos Ghosn charged with financial misconduct
- 09:14 Football transfer rumours: Harry Kane or Richarlison to Barcelona?