The Great Cheeseboard: Londoners in uproar over ‘abysmal’ cheese festival
If there’s one thing that Londoners are deadly serious about, it’s their cheese - as the organisers of an “unlimited” cheese and mulled wine feast have found to their cost.
Guests at The Giant Cheeseboard in Greenwich paid upwards of £30 a ticket for a six-hour feast of cheese and mulled wine this weekend, with advertised entertainment including actors dressed as mice, live comedy and a roaring fire.
Tensions began to mount before the club even opened its doors, with impatient fromage fans left in the cold:
#giantcheeseboard not a great start. Opening 40 minutes late. @studio338
— Danielle... read more
- 16:27 Vladimir Putin arrives to meet Donald Trump an hour late
- 16:27 Wanstead Flats fire: Crews 'praying for rain' amid heatwave
- 21:44 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery targets one more signing but...
- 16:27 There will be no second Brexit referendum ‘under any...
- 16:27 Daughters in legal bid for House of Lords seat rights
- 21:44 Arsenal News: £35m N’Zonzi transfer claim, free agent Meyer eyed,...
- 19:36 Coronation Street's Ryan Thomas 'signs six-figure deal' for...
- 16:27 Cyber bullies target girl, 10, in ‘ugly or not’ Instagram poll
- 23:15 Tee to Green: Europe needs an Open winner
- 21:44 Cristiano Ronaldo: Juventus star makes admission about Barcelona’s...
- 16:27 Driver avoids decapitation by inches after metal railing...
- 21:44 Liverpool transfer news: THREE more deals could follow Xherdan...
- 23:09 Mum reveals how to make money off all your old shopping receipts
- 23:15 Russell Knox ready to reset for Carnoustie after Gullane...
- 21:44 Man Utd transfer news: Real Madrid ‘demand’ Romelu Lukaku in...
- 23:15 Fleetwood’s course record “irrelevant” for a baked out Carnoustie
- 23:15 Jordan Spieth reluctantly returns the Claret Jug
- 21:44 Arsenal transfer news: Seven players the Gunners should try to sign...
- 19:35 SEC events and concert hub in Glasgow set for major expansion as...
- 16:26 China files complaint to WTO over Trump's $200bn tariff plan
- 16:27 The five big Brexit tests threatening Theresa May’s premiership
- 16:27 Migration from EU to UK lowest for four years, ONS figures show
- 21:44 Arsenal transfer news: Sky Sports pundit hails potential £35m...
- 18:51 DNA clinic used by Jeremy Kyle Show opens in Glasgow
- 16:26 The smart office: how to remain human in our high-tech world
- 16:27 Man forced to live in car to escape violent and controlling girlfriend
- 16:27 Richard Bacon out of coma and tweets 'I am alive'
- 22:18 Soutar not surprised at Brandon Stone’s sudden emergence
- 18:51 Napier sees course get trade body green light
- 21:44 Liverpool transfer news: Xherdan Shaqiri transfer will spark THREE...