The girl who could DIE every time she falls asleep: Parents of toddler, 3, with a rare, incurable condition reveal their daily agony
The parents of a toddler who could die every time she falls asleep due to a rare, incurable disorder have spoken of their agony.
Every night, Paula Teixeira's, three, mother Silvana tirelessly tries to protect the youngster from passing away as she nods off.
Paula, from Zamora, Spain, has Ondine Syndrome, which affects between 1,000 and 1,200 people worldwide and causes the toddler to stop breathing the moment she falls asleep, putting her at risk of death.
Silvana said: 'Since Paula came home, we can't sleep as we used to before. One of your eyes is closed and the other is wide open... read more
- 23:15 Polish up your pecs: women prefer strong men, say scientists
- 04:36 Wolves digest: Patricio's message; Good times ahead; Nuno's only...
- 23:15 Archaeologists find earliest evidence of bread
- 04:36 West Bromwich Albion's 2018/19 plans are finally starting to take...
- 04:36 Birmingham City plan a re-think after transfer window setback
- 23:11 VMAs 2018: Cardi B, Beyoncé and Jay-Z lead nominees
- 04:36 Aston Villa's preparations continue but the off-field issues take...
- 23:09 May narrowly heads off defeat after caving in to Brexit hardliners
- 21:44 Trump's Nato approach helped make a difference, says May
- 21:44 Sending MPs on early holiday could make all the difference for May
- 04:35 £1.5m to mend potholes in Leeds is not enough, claims leader
- 21:44 Labour plans radical selection overhaul including all BAME shortlists
- 19:37 Rocket men: locals divided over plans for UK's first spaceport
- 19:36 'We're building a bridge' – the exhibition shining a light on...
- 19:36 Anna Soubry on Brexit: ‘History will condemn those who haven’t...
- 04:01 Trump-Putin summit: US president under fire over poll meddling...
- 03:56 Private tutors 'should face DBS criminal record checks'
- 03:56 Some slime toys have 'potentially unsafe levels' of boron - Which?
- 03:56 Millions to face hosepipe ban in north-west England
- 18:53 Trio of new Doctor Who companions unveiled
- 01:44 'How we made Now That's What I Call Music 100'
- 18:52 Is your paddling pool a cool oasis – or a giant puddle of infection?
- 01:44 Crane numbers 'could rise by 50%' in next 50 years
- 01:44 Kent and Medway NHS hernia policy 'may be rationing' surgery
- 18:52 Five things grownups should do before going online this summer
- 01:53 Wakefield’s £5.9m social care hubs are saving NHS resources and...
- 03:49 Horsefly bites 'could kill' warning as heatwave increases populations
- 03:49 Neighbourhood litter sweep in Northampton called off after...
- 01:44 Wakefield’s £5.9m social care hubs are saving NHS resources and...
- 01:42 Horrendous smell from River Freshney leaves residents feeling sick