The 'foul stench' in Speke which means residents can't open their windows
Mystery surrounds a foul stench across Merseyside and Cheshire.
According to residents who contacted the ECHO, the smell is so bad it is impossible to open the window in part of Speke and Hale.
One said: “It stings your nose when you smell it and is a lot worse that the manure smell from the fields.
“It tends to come and go throughout the day but currently I can’t have my windows open as it’s so strong. It’s almost like chemicals.”
Last month the ECHO reported the Environment Agency was investigating the source of foul smells in nearby Widnes after a receiving a number of odour complaints... read more
- 08:15 Mental health work wins top award for nurse
- 08:09 Prince Harry is an officer and a gentleman as he and Meghan lay...
- 08:08 Fleur is having a bale of a time
- 08:08 Whiskies that cost a king’s ransom
- 08:08 Desert Island Chef: Rory MacCrimmon of Kinnettles Hotel, St Andrews
- 08:08 Food blog: Brodie Willaims
- 08:08 Keeping our roads safe is a joint responsibility
- 08:08 Chef’s Table: Graeme Pallister of 63 Tay Street
- 08:08 Padrino Pizza, Dundee (40/50)
- 08:06 Crime figures reveal large rise in robberies in Ashfield
- 08:04 Crime figures reveal large rise in robberies in Ashfield
- 08:02 Man Utd news: Eddie Howe tipped to step into Sir Alex Ferguson’s...
- 07:59 Nearly 1,500 preganant women leaving themselves and babies at risk...
- 07:58 Girl airlifted to hospital after being hit by car in Preston
- 07:57 How £3.6m revival of old Sheffield factory will bring more bars,...
- 07:55 Mohammed Dewji: Kidnapped billionaire 'home safely'
- 07:52 The schools with the worst truancy figures in Hull and the East Riding
- 07:39 How £3.6m revival of old Sheffield factory will bring more bars,...
- 07:39 Sheffield Supertram passengers warned of delays on blue route
- 07:37 Leicester bookmaker ordered to pay £94k after addict customer spent...
- 07:36 Elena Ferrante: why am I always the last to leave a party?
- 07:34 FARMING MATTERS: Retiring from role with sheep
- 07:34 Gastro pub gets major refurbishment - and this is how good the food is
- 07:31 Arsenal news: Michael Owen tips Gunners to win TENTH consecutive...
- 07:31 16 Hull primary school class pictures from the early Noughties
- 07:26 Christmas travel: move fast to snap up cheap tickets
- 07:26 Pensions: could you claim part of a £19bn cash mountain?
- 07:26 Can you buy decent running shoes for £50 or less?
- 07:24 Nobel laureate Donna Strickland: ‘I see myself as a scientist, not...
- 07:24 Moon chunk that fell to earth lands $600,000 at auction